MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 9th, 2011, 11:33 AM

Red face Reinstall Hoster Lite on Different computer

I got a new laptop. After I uninstall it from the old laptop, does anyone know how I proceed to install it on the new laptop?
Old June 9th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Reinstall Hoster Lite on Different computer

Before you uninstal your version of Hoster Light make sure you have a copy of the original installation file.
If it is one of the later versions you should be able to still download this from your account page, if it is an older version it will not still be down loadable from your account page therefore unless you saved a copy of it you will not be able to load it on your new computer.

As you don't state which version you have it may be necessary to send a support ticket to get your registration reset.
If it is one of the later versions (I'm not sure when this started) you should be able to un-install while connected to the Internet which will automatically de register that computer, then reinstall on your new computer.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 12th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Before you uninstal your version of Hoster Light make sure you have a copy of the original installation file.
If it is one of the later versions you should be able to still download this from your account page, if it is an older version it will not still be down loadable from your account page therefore unless you saved a copy of it you will not be able to load it on your new computer.

As you don't state which version you have it may be necessary to send a support ticket to get your registration reset.
If it is one of the later versions (I'm not sure when this started) you should be able to un-install while connected to the Internet which will automatically de register that computer, then reinstall on your new computer.
The CURRENT versions no longer require a 'prior" version to be installed.

Roy is right, you must run the Hoster Installation program and select REMOVE (not Upgrade), and you MUST be on line so this action is logged into the MTU.com database for your computer.

Once you have removed Lite from the older computer, then simply install it on your new one. You will have to do all the setups (background color, size/location of windows, font size, Songs Database folder locations, etc.).

If for some reason, the CURRENT version won't install on the new computer, go back and re-install it on the prior computer, and REMOVE it again, insuring the computer is on-line this time. It works hundreds of times every day when done correctly.

If this still fails, submit a Support Ticket and give the steps you have done so our support team will know how to help you.
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:54 AM

One more question. I have my songs database on an external harddrive so I just have to tell Hoster what drive to read from to access the songs.

However, I noticed that my song name, artist, song no Access file is on the hard drive of the old laptop. How do I import this Access Songs Database from the old laptop to the new laptop and make sure it is in the right location to be read by the new Hoster on the new Laptop?
Old June 21st, 2011, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

I can't see any mention from your post as to which version of Hoster you have installed, the latest version is different to the old version so details would vary slightly.
However basically in the build database dialog you add the folder from the external hard drive to the list of folders to point Hoster to the right location.
If your using a version earlier than 5.01, then just press the Rebuild Songs Database button and it will install the access .mbd file on your new computer.

If your using version 5.01 it will build the database as you add the folder.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 21st, 2011, 11:58 AM

Thank you for the info. I will try that and also print this information out in case I have to ever do it again! Thanks much!