MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 10th, 2009, 01:40 PM

Microstudio And Lightscribe

I have been playing around with the new version of Microstudio on my home project studio computer. I took a lightscribe disc {brown in color on top} and burned my song titles on it. Then flipped it over and went to import my CDG's with microstudio with it, and it said it does not accept DVD media??? can't use a lightscribe disc with the new version of microstudio? and it wasn't a DVD disc???
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

I have used Lightscribe disc for Microstudio, but I have always burned the disc in Microstudio first and then done the label side with the Lightscribe program. The ones I have used were silver or white (I forget).
Are you sure it isn't a DVD disc? They do come in both.
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:18 PM

i too have a lightscribe, and i used the gold top disc, the only thing i don't like about lightscribe was it takes forever to label the disc, i havent use this disc to burn songs from MS, i've been using it to burn reg. music, i also use it to import disc to either hoster or Ms..i have tried to burn a custom disc using DVD disc thru Ms and it wont work..
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

MS will not burn to a DVD. We tried when beta testing a while back and the only way it would for some of us (not all) was in the duplicate disc. It is not set-up to do custom DVDs in the Write Disc function.
Old December 12th, 2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
i too have a lightscribe, and i used the gold top disc, the only thing i don't like about lightscribe was it takes forever to label the disc, i havent use this disc to burn songs from MS, i've been using it to burn reg. music, i also use it to import disc to either hoster or Ms..i have tried to burn a custom disc using DVD disc thru Ms and it wont work..
The lightscribe program is a pain to use, but there are a couple out there that make it easy with a lightscribe burner. I think it is shurething cd label if I remember right.

MACHINE NAME: [Monster]
Windows XP 64 & 32 Professional Dual boot
Processor - AMD xp64 x2 4400
RAM - 2.0g PC3200 ddr2 800ghz
Motherboard msi platinum (latest BIOS and DRIVERS)
Sound Card - sound blaster comp.(On-board sound device)
Video - MSI 6800 128MG
HD Primary - 7 VAROIUS HARD DRIVES ON THIS MACHINE
CD-R - Plextor (PX-W708A 1.04) CD-R - TEAC
DVD/CD-R - NEC (optiplex )
DirectX Version - 9.0c (4.09.0000.0901)
Old December 14th, 2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduns View Post
The lightscribe program is a pain to use, but there are a couple out there that make it easy with a lightscribe burner. I think it is shurething cd label if I remember right.
you need to have a cd printer in order to use surething the faster way, you can also use their software with lightscribe, but still , it takes forever to print one..
Old December 14th, 2009, 11:30 AM

I have a CD thermal printer in my studio. It a "Primera" brand duplicator. I can burn and thermal print graphics in one application of my good stuff. I also have a shrink wrap process i use as well. No what i do...is when i'm going out to a friends karaoke show to visit, i run my own backup disc of the songs i'm going to sing that evening with microstudio. Then i simply print the song numbers and titles on that disc with lightscribe. When i get home, i take a sharp object, scratch the top off, and throw away the disc. Next time, i visit, i repeat the process with different songs. I was just curious why a lightscribe disc wouldn't work in 4.11 was all. I have since tried dales method of duping the disc first, flipping it over, then doing the titles...works. However i have since taken 4.11 back off my studio computer. And am using my older version.