MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 1st, 2009, 04:03 PM

Problems with Vista 64 bit comp

Will my New Vista 64 bit comp work with Microstudio, this is my problem in Misrostudio when i import tracks i important the tracks with no problem then i put in playlist to play click on song nothing , no video, lyrics, no sound what's the problem?Please help:
Old November 1st, 2009, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

You are correct Microstudio does not work with Vista 64 for importing, or burning discs. Vista 64 handles the drives differently from the rest of the operating systems. The following is from the page on Microstudio:

NOTE: Microstudio requires Windows 2000+SR4, or XP Home/Pro/Media Center+SR2, or Vista (32) with .NET Framework v1.1 or higher. Microstudio 4.21 does NOT run with Vista 64.
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:49 PM

windows 7 64 bit

Will there be any chance of a 64bit version becoming available for windows 7 I use microstudio a lot and need to know that u will be working on this asap
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

I can't answer that definatively but I would say probably not. The differences between the versions would conflict if added. Fixing Vista 64 or Windows 7 64 would most likely break it for the 32 bit O/Ss.
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:59 PM

Smile windows 64 bit

Yeah I know but it seems that windows is going more and more towards 64 bit os so would be a good idea to go that way as well
Old November 10th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

My guess would be that Intel and AMD would disagree and Microsoft does not control what processors are available. So until the day that the chip companies start producing only 64 bit processors both versions will be around.
Old November 28th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrowolski View Post
Will there be any chance of a 64bit version becoming available for windows 7 I use microstudio a lot and need to know that u will be working on this asap
Since ALL retail computers today are shipping with Windows 7 64-bit, we are very much aware of the problem.

We have tried 3 different ways to get Windows 64-bit to work as it does in 32-bit mode. It won't. It was a VERY BAD move on Microsoft's part to make all optical drives appear as "virtual drives" and not provide any way for existing applications to run.

We even downloaded Microsoft's "XP Emulator" (500MB file ) and found it addresses optical drives the same way. Some emulator!

Our only solution is to totally rewrite our Microstudio DVD drive write/duplicator code. This is the most complex software we have.

We are looking into it. I can tell you it won't be done ASAP. If we don't do it, Microstudio won't work on 64-bit as a WRITER or DUPLICATOR, but only import and play.

BTW: Mstudio 4.22 (and prior) will import songs from Discs. Hoster uses the same Importer code.