MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 12th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Administrator

I like being on the same page. So, maybe it's not Songverter that is at fault here. Maybe it's KHPro. Or maybe it's the key-changing software that you are using. Have you analyzed the original vs the key-changed WAV files?

Today, I will create a perfectly-sync'ed BIN file using KHPro. I will then split it into WAV+G and rejoin it back into another BIN file. I will post my findings here.
Old June 12th, 2009, 09:24 AM

I don't think it's the key changing program at all. Immediately after splitting, even prior to any other steps, I can't rejoin them in sync.
Old June 12th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdS View Post
I don't think it's the key changing program at all. Immediately after splitting, even prior to any other steps, I can't rejoin them in sync.
Ok. That takes the key-changer out of the equation. Thanks! I'll let you know what I find.
Old June 12th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Administrator

No problem here

Ed,

I just built a BIN file using KHPro™ 4.11. I split it with an unreleased version of Songverter™ (1.21 Beta), and then rejoined it using the same Songverter. I played both BIN files using Microstudio™ 4.20, and they both played in sync.

I'm at a loss as to what to tell you. Since you split and immediately join your BIN file and still experience the sync problem, it obviously can't be your Adobe® Audition®. I was thinking that Audition might have an option to "remove leading silence" in an audio stream.

I've contacted admin, and he plans to e-mail you a link to this Beta version of Songverter. Try this and see if your results are different. If so, then MTU "inadvertantly" fixed this problem.
Old June 13th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Administrator

edS, I emailed you a link to get Songverter 1.21 Beta 2.

Please look for it and try it in place of the release version of Songverter you have been using.
Old June 18th, 2009, 01:49 PM

I have just returned to the States. My Son has downloaded and installed the Beta for me, but I haven't yet tested it. I will get to it tonite, when I return to my home studio. Thanks for the support, Ed.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:46 AM

I am sorry that I couldn't get to this on the weekend (graduation parties, etc.), and now I am out of town for another week. I will get to it as soon as I can and share findings here. The fact that another user (dclark) claims that he had success using the new Beta is quite encouraging.
Old June 24th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdS View Post
I am sorry that I couldn't get to this on the weekend (graduation parties, etc.), and now I am out of town for another week. I will get to it as soon as I can and share findings here. The fact that another user (dclark) claims that he had success using the new Beta is quite encouraging.
FOR THE RECORD for anyone else reviewing this Thread.........
MTUSUPPORT did answer your Support Ticket 1 DAY later, but you haven't followed our recommendations to get support by adding @mtu.com to your APPROVED email list. You didn't get our emailed answer. In this public Forum thread, you continued to point the finger that we failed to support you even when we did. We have a published phone number. If you had called it, you could have got another form of our support.

We answerd this unique problem never seen before. MTUSUPPORT, Dclark and Admin all have been responding to you. Dclark is not a user, he is an MTU staff programmer. As President, I asked him to qualify and dig into your problem. He did and we can't re-create your problem. I personally sent you an email to a special download link we created for you to get a copy of the beta version to test. I also called and left a message that I had sent it so you would look for it.

I came to this Thread this morning looking for your answer. Instead, you are going out of town. It is clear you are a very busy person... and so are we.

As President, I personally held up the release of Songverter 1.21 to see if we solved your problem. You have had 10 days to test it.

Next time you want help... we will again help you because that is who we are and how we treat our customers.

I'm sorry we couldn't find out if we solved your problem or not. There is nothing else we could have done to support you.

We are releasing Songverter 1.21.

Hope you have a great trip.
Old June 28th, 2009, 01:15 AM

I am sorry that this situation has turned hostile from MTU's standpoint. I did receive your initial reply, but as I stated in my May 13th post, you continuedly treated my situation as a HOSTER problem, rather than a Songverter problem. If anyone had actually read my ticket it would have been quite clear. How do you justify your handling of my request, when your only two emails were:
1.) Assigning a ticket number to a HOSTER problem; and 2.) closing the ticket two weeks later? ABSOLUTELY no responses in between those two actions on your part? So, you dump 100% of the blame on me? I have been a customer of yours for MANY years, and, while probably not your biggest, I don't buy from anyone else.

Also, I have previously been praised by YOU on Sept. 9, 2008 for posting my findings clarifying that MTU was NOT at fault in a mysterious KHPro problem I had last year. I am not a trouble-maker; rather, an MTU enthusiast, having recommended MTU to many others. I think you should DELETE your last post, along with this one, and let's keep working together in the future. Thanks, and SORRY, Ed.

Last edited by EdS; June 28th, 2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old June 28th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

Ed, I believe his reference to communicating with you was through this thread and the email with the link for the beta and not necessarily through the ticket. They were holding up the release of 1.21 for you to test and see if it fixed your sync problem.