MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old May 10th, 2018, 10:18 AM

Missing songs

Some mp4 don\'t display the lrics. The audio works but not the video.Also some of the cdgs that used to work just fine do not show up when I search for them in hoster. They are in the main folder on my computer
Old May 10th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Missing songs

Regarding the mp4 problem, I would suggest installing the latest K-Lite mega pac from here: http://www.codecguide.com/download_k..._pack_mega.htm

I would uninstall the old version then re boot your computer before installing the latest one to get a complete clean install.

The other problem missing cdgs files.

Where they imported as KMA or KMH types ?

If they are kmh types open the folder in Windows explorer and check that each missing file has a kmh header file with a matching name.
Example: mp3+g should have an mp3 file a cdg file and a kmh file, three files with the same name apart from the extension.
A zip file should have just 2 files one of which has a .kmh extention.

If all the files are there try this even if they are kma types.
Open the rebuild dialog and look down the list of folders in the bottom left window and scroll to the file path of the missing songs. Select that file path so that it highlights then select Rescan folder.
Then when it finishes note whether the dialog that pops up states found xx songs or no songs found.
If the file path is missing from the list use the Add folder button to add it.

If it still doen’t list them open the folder again and look for the “ImportedFiles.txt” and rename it “BKUPImportedFiles.txt” . Then repeat the rescan function again.

You can also check the folder for any other .txt files error.txt files and read them in notepad. might give you a clue

See how you get on with that first.
If they list ok after that you can delete the “BKUPImportedFiles.txt”

This some times happens when you have duplicated disc ids or book ids.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; May 10th, 2018 at 12:24 PM.
Old May 10th, 2018, 05:11 PM

Thank you. I will follow your instructions and get back to you to let you know how they worked
Old May 11th, 2018, 12:20 AM

The files are kmh. 3 files with same name. One mp3,one karafun cdg(don\\\'t know how it became kara fun. I imported as a plain cdg) third file is .mp3,kmh. I chaged the importedfile to bkup and scaned again. Still does not show up in search. Should i delete file? There is quite a few missing files

Last edited by eldaiquiri; May 11th, 2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old May 11th, 2018, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Do all the missing files show as karafun cdg ?

Do they play ok if you load them via K-Oke button ?

Did they play originally when you first imported them ?

I’m not too familiar with Karafun files but they usually have a .kfn extension and are a proprietary video format that will only play in the karafun player.

They do make a converter software to alter them standard video types but am not aware of them being able to convert to CD+G format.
If they play ok via the K-oke button then they should be able to import them.

You could try re importing them via the Index song files dialog.

When you open the folder containing the missing files, are there any other .txt files like ImportErrorLog.txt.

Or as a last resort rebuild your database, the problem here is if it finds duplicated disc ids or book ids you will have to merge all the duplicates which could mean messing up your printed songbook.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 11th, 2018, 10:26 AM

I dont mind reprinting my song books. How do i rebuild database?
Old May 11th, 2018, 10:34 AM

Can i creat a new database so that i can use the old song books for a couple of days while i print the new ones?
Old May 11th, 2018, 12:28 PM
Administrator

I believe what you are seeing when you say “Karafun cdg” is that you installed Karafun’s player and assigned it to open .cdg files by default.

These files are still standard .cdg files, and they can be used by Hoster without any problems.
Old May 11th, 2018, 12:35 PM

I think you are correct in that assumption. So can i create a new database and still keep the old one so that i can run my show while the new books are being printed over the weekend?
Old May 11th, 2018, 12:38 PM

Thank you soo much for your patience with me
Old May 11th, 2018, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldaiquiri View Post
Can i creat a new database so that i can use the old song books for a couple of days while i print the new ones?
The database will be basically the same it depends how many duplicated disc Ids or book Ids it finds, the ones it finds it will merge in but give it a different book Ids.
Most will remain the same. It does create a backup of your existing database before starting the rebuild.
After it’s rebuilt a pop up message will tell how many files it has indexed, if it finds a number of duplicated files it will pop up another message telling how many. It will also inform you about a .Txt file with a list of all the duplicated files, you can open that list in word or notepad to read.

You will probably be asked if you want to merge them, you can respond yes or choose to do it later.

You re-build the database from Tools Menu/Songs database/Build Database then just select the Rebuild Database Button.

It can take a while depending how many songs you have. Appox 5-7 min per 10,000 songs so don’t get impatient.

Hope that helps.
Old May 12th, 2018, 02:43 PM

Thank you sooo very much for your help. Worked great
Old May 12th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to know your OK.
Closing this thread now.
Closed Thread