MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 8th, 2003, 02:40 PM

Unhappy Microstudio 2.315

trying to use microstudio 2.315 on an IBM ThinkPad laptop Model 600X Pentium III, Windows98, w/ a Plextor 12/10/32A burner (which is detected)
when I choose to play a CDG disc, the TOC shows, but when I hit play, I get a full black screen, no music, and no way to get out of the program except to hit the reset switch. Ctrl-Alt-Del does nothing. What is wrong here
Old December 8th, 2003, 03:22 PM

one by one

Going over your problems.

It may be that what you are experiencing is out of my experience.

I am assuming the following:

Microstudio is indeed playing your disc but not showing graphics.

Black Screen: CD-rom not detected as cdg compliant even though it is stated otherwise. False detections seem to be happening from time to time, especially if the burner was not MTU certified. Are you able to import cdg files? How do these play?

No Music: You will not hear Microstudio playing a disc unless you are geared to play Wave files. I know, it seems to make sense that if cds are audible, then that is all we need. However, you need to make sure that in your sound card system settings (volume control-playback) that "wave" or "direct" or something like that is not muted or turned down. I don't think you will hear anything if you plug headphones into the cd-rom jack itself. (Never tried that before)

Difficulty Exiting: If Microstudio is playing your disc, then hitting the escape key should do the trick. (You didn't mention trying this)

If you are aware of these issues, and still have problems, I am anxious to hear the solutions.

Good Luck
Old December 9th, 2003, 08:33 PM

dear jahern,
thanks for your answers.
I am using an external Cd drive with a USB connection to my IBM laptop. The Drive was used as an internal in a tower and could do all the funtions of MicroStudio properly.

I do not get an error message when trying to import files after I had upgraded to DirectX 9, however the importing seems to just hang up. I click the terminate button and then the bar at the bottom seems to come alive. I then get a "Process Busy Please try again" dialog box. Then I get an error message box:
Unable to read audio sectors 35174 to 35199 on device 1:0:0 ASPI request timed out
If I click ok on all the error boxes, i can't close out the program easily.
Do you or anybody know what is the problem I am getting tired of this not working.