MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 8th, 2002, 01:26 PM

What is Multisession CD?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CDRoller considers a multisession CD as Data CD to which data was recorded incrementally in more than one session. Multisession CDs are recorded according to the Orange Book Part II standard.

Normally, you can access only the last session written on a multisession CD. However, you have two main reasons to access any session on a multisession CD at least. Firstly, when a new session is recorded, not all the files are copied from the previous one. Therefore, accessing the last session only, you have a chance to miss some data. Second, if the last session has damaged areas and some objects (files or folders) are not read, you can try to recover them utilizing the data obtained from previous session.

The program works with multisession CDs using own, i.e built-in session selector that allows you to access all sessions on the CD. You can also choose which session on a multisession CD you want to access - meaning that you are not limited to accessing only the last session, as compared with Windows Explorer.

Gonna let my ignorance show through here, but when you look at the definition of what a Multisession CD is, I've been trying to figure out right along how this applies to CDG's ever since this thread started, and why anyone would try to use Microstudio to copy them.

George
Old December 8th, 2002, 01:51 PM

Well, quite frankly I guess that would fall on me to answer, George. SC is what most of my karaoke collection consists of. Most of the time I will make a complete copy of a CD so it doesn't really matter much whether it's multisession or not...(unless it's Goldenhawk which can't copy multisession at all...unless you know how they say...which I don't) But I sing a lot and have to do shows where I need custom disks made. That's why I use Microstudio...clone can only do a complete copy of a disk. Microstudio is the only program that can take custom CDG songs off of a Mulitsession disk and allow you to make special CDG's for my singing shows and such. To end where I started, SC is the only CDG company I know of right now that uses multisession CD's for their karaoke. So I guess I need it for making custom songs from those. I think I explained this right...LOL.
Old December 8th, 2002, 02:04 PM

Thanks Mustang93. I have not purchased a Sound Choice CDG in so long I did not know they were starting to employ that technique in Karaoke. Found out a long time ago if you don't know...ask

Thanks again,

George
Old December 9th, 2002, 09:02 AM

Top Tunes also use a multisession disc format on some of their discs, don't know what it is, not copy protection. I've backed them up with both Microstudio, skipping the last track, and with clone leaving it on. they both play in our players, but they are multisession.

Jim
Old December 13th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Blocked from Forums

oops wromg forum( oh no its not)
Old December 13th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Blocked from Forums

i too have clone cd aswell as microstudio but clone wont copy cdg how are you doing it????
Old December 13th, 2002, 11:52 AM

BETAMAX-UK
Mine started working better when I increased the buffer size.
Go into tools,settings,buffer. I slid both over to the max. Can't hurt anything, except takes a tad longer to fill the buffers.

Hope this helps,

George
Old December 13th, 2002, 12:23 PM

Hello again Betamax,
In first screen you need to select the burner the master is in.

Here are the settings you need to have a check mark on, in second screen:

Read Subchannel data from Audio tracks and
Abort on read error

(nothing else with a check mark in this screen)

read speed set to: max

Last screen you need to select the burner your blank is in.

Last screen check marks on:

Buffer underrun protection and
Always close last session

(again nothing else with a check mark in this screen)

Write mode set as"Raw Dao"
Write speed: I use 10X

The trick to CD+G's is the subchannel data from audio tracks, that is where your graphics is located

Jim
Old December 13th, 2002, 02:29 PM
Blocked from Forums

Thanks george jim are we talking clone cd 4 here cos when i open clone i have the four cd icons for various applications.cant seem to do what you suggest
Old December 13th, 2002, 03:36 PM

BETAMAX-UK,
I'm usng version 4.201. The four sets of options are READ TO IMAGE FILE,WRITE FROM IMAGE FILE,COPY CD(CD TO CD),ERASE CD.Put the original in the read drive and the blank in the write drive.
At the top, click on TOOLS, then SETTINGS, then BUFFER, and move the slides to the right.

Open the COPY CD DRIVE(3rd. from the left)
Select the read drive.
Select MULTIMEDIA
Check COPY ON THE FLY.
Select the write drive.
Uncheck SIMILAR WRITING.
Select MULTIMEDIA
Write speed(with the buffers all the way to the right I just wrote one at 40X) use what you're comfortable with and your burner will support.
Don't get upset if the buffer scales go into the red range, ESPECIALLY towards the end of the burn. I've had them go empty 75% through and still got good copies. It all depends on the drives keeping up with each other, so slow the write drive speed down acordingly if you have problems in that area.

take care,

George
Old December 13th, 2002, 03:41 PM

Betamax,
The screens I am telling you about are after you choose one of the icons,

Second block records your image you just put on your hard drive to a blank disc. This is where you will see the last screen.

The fourth block is if you use cdrw media, it will erase the CDRW that has something on it that you don't want anymore.

Jim
Old December 13th, 2002, 03:48 PM

Jim, what version are you using? I don't see some of the screens you're referring to in version 4.201, and it's my understanding they dropped some of the screens from earlier versions.

Take care,

George
Old December 13th, 2002, 04:01 PM

I'm using 3.3.4.1

Have 4 in my briefcase but did not like as well as my old one, so went back. In the old one you just select karaoke, hit load and go. That was missing from 4...

jim

I'll be glad when PM is back!!!

Gotta run, first time we have all six units booked, it will be a long night..
Old December 13th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Blocked from Forums

jim when i click on the first icon (read image to file) it then shows dvd-rom plexter and elby dvd rom when i click the second icon (write from image file) it shows i browes drop down box the third is copy the fourth is erase
Old December 13th, 2002, 04:26 PM

Betamax-uk
Did you miss the instructions on page three of this thread, or did they not work for you? Things are kinda messed up on the forums right now thatnks to a turkey.Jim is not using version4.

George
Old December 13th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Blocked from Forums

Hi george im using version 4 the one jim is using. i have it but my s/n wont work with that version (3.8)
Old December 13th, 2002, 07:57 PM

this is getting confusing. Jim said above he's using 3.341. That's why you are not seeing the screens he's talking about.I'm using 4., and the info I posted on page three is based on 4.

George
Old December 14th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Blocked from Forums

ok george i will try your way ps my mail server is down so i can only check replys when i come in the forum
Old December 14th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Blocked from Forums

george just tried your way i dont have a slider for the buffer(read speed etc) only a dropdown box im under the impression you think i have two cd-roms that read cd+g i only have one i think we have different versions of clone cd mines the new one clone cd4
Old December 14th, 2002, 08:15 AM

I don't think any of us are getting email notices when someone posts to a forum we subscribe to. may be tied in with shutting down private messaging, or something.

take care,

George