MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old August 8th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Report Hoster 5.02 Problems

Is it a heat problem ? could your cpu be getting overheated ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMusicGeek View Post
Update on Saturdays show. Almost exactly at the 2 hour mark a song started to stutter. The scroller stopped and hoster froze (not responding) but did not shut down. After 30 seconds to a minute hoster would catch up so to speak and continue just fine. This happened several times throughout the night. Quite often when adding a song from search or changing the search from Karaoke to Audio or Video (or visaversa).
Greet feedback!

You're facts are DEFINITELY helping us drill down as to what to look for.

The problem that tkelly3 in post #13, #15, #17, and Dale Douglass in post #14 are reporting may be related to yours. We caused an error in 5.01 when adding a song from the Search dialog to the Playlist. Instead of adding the correct DiscID-Track format (ex: "SC1234-12"), we were adding only "SC1234". This was fixed, but may have left something broken in the Search dialog.

Your point that Hoster would freeze for 30-60 seconds MAY explain a similar crash MTUSUPPORT is working on in a Support Ticket. Our user has 4 new Dells with Hoster Quad and reports all are "crashing". Bryan (MTUSUPPORT) will ask them today to wait over 60 seconds to see if Hoster is just frozen and not crashed.

Today, we'll check for a memory leak, testing adding songs from the Search dialog, and switching between the Karaoke, Audio and Video "filter switches". There may be something wrong with the SQL code accessing into the Songs Database. Database searches that "don't return quickly" can cause delays you are indicating; i.e. a prime suspect for us to research first.

We'll also build and run a "debug" version and watch for any freezes or stopping while adding songs and shifting "filter switches".

Know that we are on this today. I'll try to post our results back here later, but please don't "burn me" if I forget. My platter is very full right now...
Old August 9th, 2011, 02:45 PM
VIP

This is something i've not noticed before, but when I pause a song at the beginning and then hit play, it will sometime start with the lyrics swipe so far off that it is unsingable. I have to restart the song then it will play fine. It seems the only time it does it is when I hit pause in the beginning while waiting for the next singer. It does seem to have just started as I always pause songs. Any clue what may be causing this?

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old August 10th, 2011, 01:59 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
This is something i've not noticed before, but when I pause a song at the beginning and then hit play, it will sometime start with the lyrics swipe so far off that it is unsingable. I have to restart the song then it will play fine. It seems the only time it does it is when I hit pause in the beginning while waiting for the next singer. It does seem to have just started as I always pause songs. Any clue what may be causing this?
I can only add Lonnie that I do this all the time at the beginning of songs and it has never occurred with me, but i'll pay special attention from now on and see if I CAN cause it to happen.

Old August 10th, 2011, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
First, thank you for reporting you upgraded the Visual C++ 2005 files MTUSUPPORT suggested. We've been waiting about a month for your response.

I don't think I have ever heard a list of so many problems from one user!

Have you re-installed Windows and your Video graphic drivers? I would first suspect these, given all the problems. No one else is reporting these problems with 5.02, which again points to your computer causing the problems, not Hoster.

Understand, I'm not trying to "duck our responsibility", but we don't have anything we can sink our teeth into from your post... especially given no one else is reporting the same problems.

We are now on version 5.03. We have added some fine tuning features in the Search dialog, but our Beta Testers don't report any of your problems either.
I've been having the same problems. I am running a 64 pentium 4 500 GB hard,plus 500 GB external, 4 GB ram. CPU 7450 @2.13 GHZ I downloaded the
2005++ and that didn't fix it. I took my computer in to see if there was issues with the hard drive, it's working fine. I'm very very frustrated with the constant skipping, and stalling. If I open singer's data base while running a song it stops and starts over... I've never had an issue with hoster before and I am at my wits end.

1st system HP dv 7 notebook pc,5.9 Index with2630 Ram, 64 bit operating system Windows 7 with 2. GHz Service Pk 1

2nd system Pavillion dv6 Notebook PC, 5.6 Windows Index Intel Core P7450 @2.13 GHz 4 GB 64 bit

Last edited by ddouglass; August 10th, 2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old August 10th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsings View Post
I've been having the same problems. I am running a 64 pentium 4 500 GB hard,plus 500 GB external, 4 GB ram. CPU 7450 @2.13 GHZ I downloaded the
2005++ and that didn't fix it. I took my computer in to see if there was issues with the hard drive, it's working fine. I'm very very frustrated with the constant skipping, and stalling. If I open singer's data base while running a song it stops and starts over... I've never had an issue with hoster before and I am at my wits end.
Your comments are noted, and appreciated!

We are diagnosing these problems right now. We are finding a few "minor" gremlins in how we defined fields in the Songs.mdb that may have some impact.

Also... we are using the older Microsoft Access 97 DB Manager, which MAY be a growing problem, or the root cause, for your skipping, etc. When you think about the SLOOOOOOOW computers Hoster flawlessly runs on with Win XP, and compare the LIGHT SPEED processors you probably have today, there is no logical reason why Hoster won't work without dropping audio.

We have our audio player and CDG renderer player set to HIGHER thread priority than Hoster, which SHOULD prevent a DB search from interrupting audio or lyrics. So much for these "advanced" windows we are stuck with!

Windows Vista and Windows 7 s*** and we continually... CONTINUALLY are finding code sections that have worked for years that now malfunction on these OS's. It's frustrating to try and shoot at this moving target.

In the past week, we have discovered that by using DirectSound (Microsoft's method to access the audio hardware), our Microstudio, Songverter and Hoster's "Build Database" won't open and use MP3 songs under Windows 7 64-bit. Runs FINE under Windows 7 32-bit. ANd what is really confusing is we have an "older" Win 7 64-bit Laptop (quite powerful) that WON'T process MP3's as stated, and then a brand new LC Laptop we just received and it WILL process MP3's. Now that was an interesting find. So what's wrong with our Hoster code that performs FINE on one Win7, and NOT on another?

Oh yes, Keyrite, Vogone, and Hoster's "Index HD Files" screen open and use MP3's fine on Win7 64-bit.

Just got a notice from engineering they have now bypassed Windows' DirectSound for audio and all seems to be working. You'll see a new Microstudio and Songverter soon, and Hoster 5.03 is well under way, now including this "fix".
Old August 11th, 2011, 05:45 PM

Hoster Admin…thanks for working so hard to make Hoster better. I would guess that a less reputable company would have “thrown in the towel” long ago. I applaud your efforts and I am determined to stick with you through thick and thin. My frustration does boil but at least you are listening and attempting to fix all of our problems. Thank you.
Old August 12th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelley3 View Post
Hoster Admin…thanks for working so hard to make Hoster better. I would guess that a less reputable company would have “thrown in the towel” long ago. I applaud your efforts and I am determined to stick with you through thick and thin. My frustration does boil but at least you are listening and attempting to fix all of our problems. Thank you.
Thanks for your words of encouragement!

I started MTU March 1, 1977. We love designing what makes your life easier, and hate problems; i.e. we fix 'em as fast as we can!

The problem is ALWAYS to identify what the real culprit is. It may be a bug in our code, or a change caused by a Windows Update, or a user's specific computer, or a myriad of other causes... not always our code.

MTUSUPPORT (Bryan) is the best I've ever known at staying with a problem until he identifies and can re-create it. He's a pit bull and won't let go.

That's why we ask for facts; step-by-step what you were doing, or ARE doing if you can re-create the problem. Once WE can re-create a problem at MTU, we'll nail it quickly.

My main concern right now, as stated in my thread above, is Microsoft Windows 7 may not be fully supporting Microsoft's Access 97. That... will require months of time to convert to Access 2000 or 2003, and test so there are as few a problems as possible.

It's like taking your car in and you're told they have to replace the ENGINE. It can be done but it'll take time to do and test; i.e. a LOT of our resources. (sigh.....)
Old August 13th, 2011, 05:51 PM

Smile Re: Report Hoster 5.02 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Your comments are noted, and appreciated!

We are diagnosing these problems right now. We are finding a few "minor" gremlins in how we defined fields in the Songs.mdb that may have some impact.

Also... we are using the older Microsoft Access 97 DB Manager, which MAY be a growing problem, or the root cause, for your skipping, etc. When you think about the SLOOOOOOOW computers Hoster flawlessly runs on with Win XP, and compare the LIGHT SPEED processors you probably have today, there is no logical reason why Hoster won't work without dropping audio.

We have our audio player and CDG renderer player set to HIGHER thread priority than Hoster, which SHOULD prevent a DB search from interrupting audio or lyrics. So much for these "advanced" windows we are stuck with!

Windows Vista and Windows 7 s*** and we continually... CONTINUALLY are finding code sections that have worked for years that now malfunction on these OS's. It's frustrating to try and shoot at this moving target.

In the past week, we have discovered that by using DirectSound (Microsoft's method to access the audio hardware), our Microstudio, Songverter and Hoster's "Build Database" won't open and use MP3 songs under Windows 7 64-bit. Runs FINE under Windows 7 32-bit. ANd what is really confusing is we have an "older" Win 7 64-bit Laptop (quite powerful) that WON'T process MP3's as stated, and then a brand new LC Laptop we just received and it WILL process MP3's. Now that was an interesting find. So what's wrong with our Hoster code that performs FINE on one Win7, and NOT on another?

Oh yes, Keyrite, Vogone, and Hoster's "Index HD Files" screen open and use MP3's fine on Win7 64-bit.

Just got a notice from engineering they have now bypassed Windows' DirectSound for audio and all seems to be working. You'll see a new Microstudio and Songverter soon, and Hoster 5.03 is well under way, now including this "fix".
I look forward to this! I love this program and can't wait for the "gremlins" to get the boot!

1st system HP dv 7 notebook pc,5.9 Index with2630 Ram, 64 bit operating system Windows 7 with 2. GHz Service Pk 1

2nd system Pavillion dv6 Notebook PC, 5.6 Windows Index Intel Core P7450 @2.13 GHz 4 GB 64 bit
Old August 14th, 2011, 08:16 PM

Hi I have tried to install version 5.02.8 and keep getting the same error.
Error number 0x80040702
Failed to load DLL_ismtu
Setup will now terminate

I had no problems with installing version 5.02.06 any ideas what is wrong please.
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:30 AM

I recently was using hoster 5.02 with extended desktop. I double clicked the hoster window on the extended desktop and the screen disappeared and now I cannot get it to show back up again. I have restarted hoster, I have also removed the extended desktop so that it was only was showing my desktop and still no window. I can see the karaoke play in the mini window that is attached to the program but can't seem to find the large window. I hope that I explained this ok.
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:02 AM

Also I tried to upgrade to 5.02.08 and got the following error when trying to install... error number 0X80040702 Description: Failed to load DLL: _ismtu

Any ideas?
Old August 15th, 2011, 03:41 AM

Hiya Chad
Have you tried to reset the displays as i had the same problem but it was cured by the reset displays option
Old August 15th, 2011, 04:05 AM

I just found that and it worked! Still having issues installing the newer version though. Tried downloading again, updating windows and still no go.
Old August 15th, 2011, 04:07 AM

Smile Re: Report Hoster 5.02 Problems

we will have to wait till mtu come back into the office or submit a support message. Glad the other thing worked for you though
Old August 15th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Slater View Post
Also I tried to upgrade to 5.02.08 and got the following error when trying to install... error number 0X80040702 Description: Failed to load DLL: _ismtu

Any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrowolski View Post
we will have to wait till mtu come back into the office or submit a support message. Glad the other thing worked for you though
I just installed 5.02.08 on both XP and Windows 7 without any problem. Maybe you didn't get a complete download. Your best bet is to download and Save instead of Run from the download. That way you can make sure you got a complete copy, then run it from your saved file.
Old August 15th, 2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
I just installed 5.02.08 on both XP and Windows 7 without any problem. Maybe you didn't get a complete download. Your best bet is to download and Save instead of Run from the download. That way you can make sure you got a complete copy, then run it from your saved file.
I have downloaded it 3 times and always save the file then run it. I noticed someone else posting the same thing as well.
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:08 PM

Tried tthat saved it to the comp and then ran it and still the same problem its strange because i have downloaded it to my laptop and it worked but my desktop has just had the hard drive formatted and all software reinstalled and seems to be fine with all other software except hoster
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

What operating systems are you guys using? Could be a factor and will help MTU see if they can reproduce.
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:03 PM

I am using windows 7 ultimate my laptop had the same os as well and it installed on there ok going to try version 5.02.07 see if that installs
Closed Thread