MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old January 27th, 2022, 05:34 PM

Somehow Converted zip files to zip.kmh

Not sure how it happened but while trying to import songs into the database the zip files got converted to zip.kmh files. Any idea what happened and how to undo it?
Old January 28th, 2022, 09:06 AM
VIP

Re: Somehow Converted zip files to zip.kmh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdulle View Post
Not sure how it happened but while trying to import songs into the database the zip files got converted to zip.kmh files. Any idea what happened and how to undo it?
You must have accidently selected KMH in the import window.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old January 28th, 2022, 12:05 PM
VIP

It didn\'t \'convert\' anything, it just added a separate kmh file to the zip so it can be indexed.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old January 28th, 2022, 01:24 PM
VIP

I think I misunderstood the post. When you index songs you have the choice of indexing them by KMH or KMA. By choosing KMH it adds a small file to the song you are indexing. If you choose KMA you are going to add a large file which will take up more disk space. In my opinion it is better to choose KMH. When Hoster first was implemented, it only gave you the choice to select KMA. I believe the reason KMA is still offered is to allow those that chose that in the beginning to continue that way if they wanted to. Just remember that a KMA file is pretty much the same size as the original file you are indexing which means you will use twice the disk space and use up your hard drive much sooner.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old January 30th, 2022, 06:21 PM

Actually, the zip files are no longer available and all I have are the files that were zip files that are now song_name.zip.kmh Can\'t use them as zip files for import nor can they be used as kmh files.. Deleting the kmh extension doesn\'t work either. Looked in the files and all they contain is the file information for the KMH which makes sense. The zip files are gone. Oh well, looks like I will be busy finding all the original zip files wherever they may be.
Old January 30th, 2022, 07:01 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdulle View Post
Actually, the zip files are no longer available and all I have are the files that were zip files that are now song_name.zip.kmh Can\\\\\\\'t use them as zip files for import nor can they be used as kmh files.. Deleting the kmh extension doesn\\\\\\\'t work either. Looked in the files and all they contain is the file information for the KMH which makes sense. The zip files are gone. Oh well, looks like I will be busy finding all the original zip files wherever they may be.
That\\\'s strange. Maybe you accidently deleted them. The kmh file is just a reference file for Hoster and isn\\\'t very large. The kmh files are useless without the original files.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; March 29th, 2022 at 12:20 PM.
Closed Thread