MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 12th, 2005, 01:55 PM

Microstudio write speed

I have Microstudio v2.611. I have a Plextor W2410TU. My max write speed is 24x. On this site I find the statement 48x or 52x speed makes better copies than 1x. Does this mean it also makes better copies than 24x?
I have Verbatim media, 1X-52X 80 min. 700Mb discs. I was told earlier that I should record graphics at no more than 4x speed. When I record at 4X and
take it to my local karaoke show, the hosts' machine will play my disc hit and miss. Some will play and others won't. Sometimes the same song that played once may not play the second time. The host uses MTU media, which I have ordered a 100 spool of, but I am not sure this will fix the problem. I just burned a disc using the 24x speed and it plays back fine in Microstudio, but then so did the 4x disc. I haven't tried it on the karaoke machine yet. I need to get some reliability here. Thje host doesn't like trying my discs over and over to see if they will play. Any help will be appreciated. Also I have to set dxdiag to basic accelleration to read and write properly. Is this the fault of my sound card? It is a Soundblaster USB Audigy 2 NX.
Does it make any difference if the files are labeled .bin or .cdg if they contain the same info. I have been recording them as .bin I can change the file name from .bin to .cdg if that would be better.
Old August 12th, 2005, 02:38 PM

I believe the main problem is you have a relatively higher speed burner that is writing at too slow a speed. I started out using a Plextor 8X, always burned at max speed, and never had a problem. I now burn cdg at 52X, still problem free.

Burning at slow speeds was possibly correct at one time, but no longer. The opposite is true now, and in some cases faster burns will correct random glitches that are in the original discs.

I talked to an engineer at Plextor a year or so ago and he told me their burners were optimized to perform at the higher speeds, and are likely not to perform as well at slower speeds..

I believe the MTU media along with using the higher speed may very well be the answer to the problem.

As far as hardware accelleration, reducing the sound accellerator is a common cure when the graphics sweep is slower than the audio. I doubt it's a sound card problem.

Hope this helps,

George

Last edited by George; August 12th, 2005 at 02:44 PM.
Old August 12th, 2005, 02:40 PM

Server was having problems and above post duplicated.
Old August 12th, 2005, 05:57 PM

Microstudio write speed

Thanks George.
When I set Microstudio to Automatic speed, it burns at 24x since that is the max for my Plextor. I have never gotten an error on burn or readback since I changed the accelleration to basic. I never get gliches unless they are there on the original disc. When I find them on the original, I edit the file with EditCDG
and remove them. I will have an opportunity to try this 24x disc next Tuesday,
and my spindle of MTU's will arrive Thursday. If the problem persists, I will post back at that time.
Thanks again.