MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 29th, 2000, 06:16 AM

Unhappy

My video is lagging the audio in both home producer and microstudio. I'm using a Presario PII 350mh with 256meg ram and a diamond stealth III with 32meg on board memory. I've got the latest ASPI drivers from Adaptec and the latest direct x drivers. All other features in both programs work perfect including burning the disk. I ran the direct x diag program and it confirms the drivers and the 32 meg on board memory on the video card. Has anyone had this problem and come up with a solution yet?

Thanks

Paul McNerney
pmc181@aol.com
Old November 30th, 2000, 03:05 PM

Try to set your desktop to 800 x 600 256 colors. Hope this works, it worked for me.
Old November 30th, 2000, 05:17 PM

Fix for Lagging Video in Playback

Paul,
I have looked at your DXDIAG.txt file, and everything looks ok. There is one thing that will cause this, that just hit me. You need to change your color depth, from 32 bit to 16 bit color. This will take care of your problem. I realized this when I saw the other thread say that their problem went away when they set their display to 800x600 with 256 colors.
Old November 30th, 2000, 08:20 PM

Unhappy

Thanks Ciberdiver and MTU for the ideas. No luck though. I tried various video settings all the way down to 640 X 480 256 color. It improved, but just barely.It still, is if the program is looking at my disabled,on board ATI Rage LT Pro with only 4MB, instead of my installed Diamond Stealth III S540 with 32MB on board. Any other ideas MTU? Do you want me to try another video card, and if so which PCI card do you suggest?

Thanks All,

Paul McNerney
Old November 30th, 2000, 11:06 PM

Smile

Eureka! Problem fixed. I kept reading every post on the Compaq site about disableing the onboard video card. Finally, I came upon a last comment from a Compaq tech saying that what ever board the person put in,they would not recommend the Diamond Stealth III S540 chipset. They did'nt say why, and I didn't care. That was the exact board that I had installed on my computer. I went out that instant and bought a voodoo 4 4500 PCI with 32MB on board and it worked instantly, including 32 bit. Please keep this in your tech folders for future Compaq users.

Good Luck All,

Paul McNerney
Old December 1st, 2000, 05:28 AM
Administrator

FYI: Engineering Review of Display Code

Good going Paul! We have studied this display problem also. Our goal is to have our software work with any PC computer/video card installation if possible.

The Karaoke playing display code in Microstudio and Karaoke Home Producer can be improved. Our code includes both DirectX 7.0a and GDI coding which is causing problems. For example, the KHProducer text screen does not refresh if you have another dialog box appear on top and then disappear (such as to insert a .txt file). Microsoft has just released DirectX 8.0 which is a total overhaul with major improvements.

Our goal is to make the Play operation show in full screen. Thus, we will rewrite the display code. Our delima is between using only the ancient GDI display coding that works well with Win 95/98, or rewrite only for DirectX 8.0 which is the modern way. Our current inclination is to use DirectX 8.0 and try to make the download easy for clients.
Old December 10th, 2000, 08:13 AM
Administrator

New Full Screen Display Code Is Working!

Visit this link http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...p?threadid=112 for details you want to read.

The new code totally solves every problem reported, including slowdowns in the video following the audio. We found the exact cause for this, and why sometimes the video would simply halt while the audio continued. No longer a problem when we release the new code.