MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 30th, 2000, 03:10 PM

I lost the use of Microstudio and had to reformat my computer toget it to see my CD writer again. I then started to load things back in one by one and checking to make sure it worked after each install, until I loaded my hp scanjet scanner that works off a scsi card. I have yet to uninstall the scanner to see if this will work but I am going to try to soon. Any info on this matter would greatly be appreciated.

Thanx in advance.
Old December 1st, 2000, 06:33 AM
Administrator

Can you tell us what your hardware setup is? Are all your drives SCSI or IDE also?

What version of MicroStudio are you running?
Old December 1st, 2000, 07:27 PM
Administrator

You Emailed us: "Both of my CDRoms are IDE. My scanner has a SIIG SCSI Pro PCI card. It stopped finding the burner after I loaded the scanner software and or SCSI card. Thank you for your time."

When you re-installed your SCSI software, it is very likely that your ASPI driver was changed to an inferior version that does not recognize IDE drives.

If you had an Adaptec SCSI card, you could go to this page: http://www.adaptec.com/support/faqs/aspilayer.html which tells how to find what you have.

You have a SIIG card. Go to that manufacturer's website and find their new ASPI driver. If you have to ask them any questions, ask if their driver recognizes IDE drives. If not, get an Adaptec SCSI controller card with good ASPI drivers.
Old December 1st, 2000, 08:02 PM

Talking SUCCESS!!!!!

Yes, you have found the problem. Thank you very much this is a joyous day. I should have guessed it myself but was to busy doing other things and working. If anything new arises I will let you know.

Thanx again.