MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 16th, 2004, 01:21 AM

Exclamation Stupid Error

I am getting so SICK of this stupid error.... "write" command failed unexpected ASPI error on 04h 00h 00h. I am running Windows XP and I used the program successfully for quite some time and then this started to pop up. I have tried to reinstall the ASPI drive.... all three of the options.... many times!!! And I also found the other email about this and tried the solutions on there... i.e. slowing the write speed, background programs, etc. I even reinstalled microstudio twice. Nothing is working... HELP!!!

I am desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 16th, 2004, 09:36 AM

This error means that your computer is having a problem with the ASPI drivers. It normally is the ASPI drivers themselves, but it may be the drivers for the Motherboard's chipset also causing this.

Since you have already updated all the ASPI drivers, you can go to your computers manufacturers website, and then download the latest drivers for your motherboard. The main drivers that you are looking for are going to say Chipset drivers.

You need to make sure these are updated.

Once you have done this if you still have the same problems, try doing a search for each of the ASPI drivers on your system and deleting the files from your system. Then reboot and reinstall the MTU ASPI driver and try again.

If this still doesn't work, then it means something in your Registry is messed up dealing with the ASPI and you might have to reformat and reload Windows to fix the problem.
Old April 18th, 2004, 02:39 PM

Talking

Thank you very much. That seems to have fixed the problem. I appreciate your help. It's such a pain when your computer doesn't work no matter how hard you try. So much for making our lives easier .

Thanks again.