MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 17th, 2002, 09:26 AM

Angry mtu software says no sound card

I purchased mtu software and a plextor cd burner from your company. I have had nothing but trouble since I made the purchases. I have just reformated my computer and installed Windows 98. Now, when I install the mtu software, it tells me that there is no sound card installed. The sound card works fine with all other software, and did with mtu before I re-installed Windows. I have updated the ASPI drivers to ver. 4.71 and Direct-x to ver 8.1. I know these versions are correct because I ran aspichk and dxdiag, which both show the correct versions. Therefore, your previous comment that direct-x will fix the problem is not correct. Please help me fix this. Turnken
Old September 17th, 2002, 10:31 AM

This error comes from your computer not having the latest DirectX installed on this computer. What you need to do is sign on to the internet. Go to your Start Menu. Click Windows Update at the top. Once you are in this it will take you to Microsofts update page. Click scan my computer, this will then find any updates that are needed for this computer. Find the one that shows DirectX 8.1, this must be installed for Microstudio to work correctly.
Old September 17th, 2002, 08:01 PM

I have already done this. Directx8.1 is installed on my computer. I have verified this with dxdiag. There has to be something else.
Old September 18th, 2002, 10:01 AM

Hello I'm a Computer Tech
I think i can help you did you install the wire that came with your cdrom at least it should have been with the cdrom as a new drive they have a cable and a thin wire with the cdrom you need to conect that thin wire from your cdrom drive to your sound card so you can hear music from your cdrom ... If you put a reg audio cdrom in your drive and don't hear sound that means you need to put a that thin wire from your cdrom drive to your sound card there should be pictures with owners manual to show you how to install that thin wire and hook it up.

Note: Please turn off computer before adding this thin wire from your cdrom to your sound card.

if you want to add me to buddy list i have msn smshmidt@netins.net
Old September 20th, 2002, 04:50 PM

smshmidt,
Thanks for the input. To tell you the truth, Microstudio takes the Audio digitally through the IDE cable. This way if the littel 3 wire sound cable isn't plugged into the CD-R or CD-Rom drive it can still play.

Please go into your DXDIAG, click on the Sound tab. Try running the tests on this tab. Let me know what happens. Also, what brand and model of sound card do you have? This will be told on the top left hand side of the Sound Tab in DXDIAG.
Old September 23rd, 2002, 08:55 AM

Wink

Thanks Guys, But I finally got it to work. I don't know why it started to work, but it did. Again, Thanks for your help.
Old September 24th, 2002, 08:26 PM

Perhaps another player was on

I sometimes get the "Sound Card" message and it is usually because another player, "Musicmatch Jukebox" for example, is engaged. I download songs off of a site called Kaaza and that player notoriously malfunctions. It doesn't preview a song that I am downloading, but often is the cause of the "sound card" message from Microstudio.