MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 12th, 2002, 10:38 PM

Question Ver. 2.316????

Just wondering, as of August 9th (last time the website was updated) it was noted that the upgrade to version 2.316 had been delayed from Aug. 15th to the 26th. As of today (sept. 12) this has yet to come to light. How about an update as to when we may expect these much anticipated fixes and features promised us in 2.316? I for one am really looking forward to it.
Old September 26th, 2002, 09:00 PM

OK, it is now 14 days after posting my question, and I haven't a single reply from anyone about version 2.316, which is now 7 weeks past its originally promised date. If I have posted this in the wrong forum, I would appreciate if a mod would kindly move it to the correct forum. If there truly is no version 2.316 upgrade, a reply from someone in the know would also be nice.
Just sitting here being ignored is not building my faith in this company.
Old September 27th, 2002, 09:45 AM

The News Page is now showing the End of the month 9/31/02, but this will be pushed back more. I am sure, due to work still having to be done on Hoster.
Old September 27th, 2002, 12:41 PM

What kind of statement is that? work on the 2.316 upgrade will be put back in favour of hoster! so your software engineers are saying " I dont want to play with my old toy because I have a new one" :-) not very impressive is it for all those customers waiting so long for the promised microstudio upgrade.

Admin note: FYI... we were responding to requests from clients who have been using Disc Architect, then Microstudio 1.0, 2.0 and on up. We have NOT been ignoring them.

They have requested the play screen allow windowing, not go to full screen as we have for 4 years. To do this is a massive rewrite, which cost us in excess of US$15,000. This expense was justified for Hoster, as Microstudio users get free upgrades as long as we can justify it and could not fund the development.

I trust this is a satisfactory answer.
Old September 27th, 2002, 12:59 PM

The key is that the New Play code that has been written and is still being debugged in Hoster is what is going to be placed into the Microstudio 2.316. This is what the hold up is, the code is still being worked on for the Play to work in windowed mode under Microstudio. Once this is all tweaked and finished it will then be put into Microstudio and released as 2.316.
Old September 28th, 2002, 07:48 PM

Thank you!!!
My main concern was to receive some kind of reply to my post.
If I wanted to be ignored, I'd write to Microsoft!!