MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old September 5th, 2011, 04:13 PM

Question Ameri-sing - are they still producing

Is Ameri-Sing still in business, have they been bought out or just gone away as a company.
What other CDG producers have gone away.

If they have gone away does that make their product share-ware?
Old September 5th, 2011, 07:27 PM
VIP

Re: Ameri-sing - are they still producing

They've been gone for a few years. Very short lived.

Shareware? No - just because it is no longer produced doesn't mean you can still take it for free. Rumor has it the existing manufacturers are buying up the old trademarks of all defunct manufacturers to keep them active to sue upon.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old September 6th, 2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Rumor has it the existing manufacturers are buying up the old trademarks of all defunct manufacturers to keep them active to sue upon.
One way to make a living i guess...the old sue mill. Now thats gotta be great for the karaoke industry. Not only are they sueing for active manu, they're sueing for manu's that have been reported as:
Quote:
They've been gone for a few years.
And of course, this to is for the betterment of the karaoke industry. Sad...very sad indeed.

I was just telling my girlfriend after friday nights' show. That if my health was better i'd go back to disc, and continue using mtu's other products. The hassle and the acussations just aren't worth it. But, i'd love for someone to acuse me of being dishonest, i'd sue them on principle alone. D*m* sue mills.
Old September 6th, 2011, 05:46 PM

I have bought a good number of clearance CDGs from defunct manufactures real cheap. Great way to get legal disks and add them to Hoster.
Old September 6th, 2011, 10:40 PM

Randy, i have to. I'm sure most of us here have hit the ol bargin bin a time or two. The trouble is, there is so much repackaging going on you cain't be sure if yur purchasing original stock from that manu or not. Look at sweet georgia brown disc for instance. Been so many repackaging jobs done on those, i'm sure the set i purchased "white & Blue" "green & Red" are not from the original manu. Sure i kept the proof of purchase, so what. Yep, sur thought i was getting original issue product, bet i didn't. Thats just one of several examples. This stuff is so screwed up thanks to the greedy few, that we're never get it straightened out. But look on the bright side....it's for the benefit of karaoke....now if you believe that, i got some legend disc with black and purple silk screen lables off ebay, i'll sell ya cheap....lol
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:59 AM

Hmm. The vendors I go to are clearing their stock of discontinued disks for cost or sometimes less. The disks I buy are in original packaging. Doesn't mean they are not a good bootleg. These disks are usually $10-$15, not $5 and from manufacturerslike Monster Hits and, of course, Amerising. Also purchased quite a few disks from the dying breed on Canadian manufacturers, of which there are now zero. Also got some good deals from a karaoke retailer shutting down their business.
Old September 13th, 2011, 07:41 PM

As a secondary thought on the whole who owns what theme...

Along the same lines as law enforcement avoiding entrapment issues, they have to declare their presence prior to engaging the target.

I would think the same would apply with regard to persons or businesses purchasing ownership rights on a label.

I do believe that they are required by law to publicly announce their ownership and intent prior to any action to "enforce said ownership"

Thinkin' out loud

Karl
Old September 27th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfortner51 View Post
As a secondary thought on the whole who owns what theme...

Along the same lines as law enforcement avoiding entrapment issues, they have to declare their presence prior to engaging the target.

I would think the same would apply with regard to persons or businesses purchasing ownership rights on a label.

I do believe that they are required by law to publicly announce their ownership and intent prior to any action to "enforce said ownership"

Thinkin' out loud

Karl
Well,from the experiences I have read about, lawyers don't do what we expect.

What you can count on is they will do what will line their pockets with YOUR cash.
Old September 27th, 2011, 11:47 PM

Admin, you are so so right. The "law firms" {and i use that term loosely}. Run law suite mills. The web is full of listing after listing after listing of these unscrupulous lawyers who would sue you for any reason whatsoever if they think they have a chance in hell of winning. Most never even have to leave their office. These are one step below an "Ambulance Chaser".

I knew a lady, who's life was saved by a doctor prescribing a certain medication. She saw a commercial on TV, hired one of these ...ummm lawyers, sued the doctor, and hospital for putting her on the drug which saved her life. These now defaunt karaoke companies follow this practice. They claim for the good of the industry. But that hasn't been proven, and it was shown to me, where karaoke piracy has actually increased in past months. The magic word for these losers is "Settle" quietly, and quickly. Everyone makes a paycheck, move on, and repeat the process over again. I am a firm believer in honesty, and integrity. But when someone accuses another of being a theif for profit, regardless if it can be proven or not. One is no better then the other. The buck...and just another way to hustle it.
Old September 28th, 2011, 11:39 AM

Well said.

Tags
karaoke, license, producers