MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 19th, 2012, 12:27 PM

NVIDIA Graphics Proplems Re-Visited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrahn
Bryan,

I went to the suggested site: http://www.nvidia.com/download/find.aspx
and I downloaded the latest BETA driver, 290.53 to replace 285.62 and everything is working fine. The lyrics are clear and I can run another monitor. Things are good.

Thanks to your help, and thanks to Roy's help, I can now use my new Lenovo laptop and my Acer netbook to run Hoster and Microstudio with dual monitors.

Last year this solved my problem of garbled graphics when I connected another monitor to my Lenovo. The full troubleshooting help is on this page: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=12892

Just a few weeks ago I had tons of problems with my Lenovo and with the help of folks on this forum I was able to get it back into shape to use Hoster. That is, before I tried to connect my second monitor.

When I connected my 2nd monitor the monitor was not recognized by Hoster, but the program was fine. I noticed the driver for INTEL Display Adapter was undated and the NIVIDIA driver was updated. So I tried to install the NVIDIA driver 285.62 which last year fixed the problem, but it FAILED to install.

With the current driver installed, Hoster has the same old graphics problems, so I deleted the NVIDIA driver and Hoster works, as long as I don't need to have dual monitors. I doubt the problem is a Hoster problem, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them.

Thanks,
Wes

Lenovo 15.6 inch ThinkPad W520 Laptop with Win 7 Pro 64, i7-2760QM 2.40GHz, 4GB ram and NVIDIA Quandro 1000M Graphics with 2GB DDR3 Memory.

Acer 10.1 inch Aspire One ZG5 Netbook with Win XP Home, Intel Aton CPU N270, 1.60Ghz, 1 GB Ram, 160 GB hard drive. (Works with both Hoster and Microstudio)

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.
Old December 19th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Re: NVIDIA Graphics Proplems Re-Visited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrahn View Post
When I connected my 2nd monitor the monitor was not recognized by Hoster, but the program was fine. I noticed the driver for INTEL Display Adapter was undated and the NIVIDIA driver was updated. So I tried to install the NVIDIA driver 285.62 which last year fixed the problem, but it FAILED to install.
You say it was not recognized by Hoster.

If you right click on your desktop then select "screen resolution" do you see the 2 monitors side by side in that dialog when you have your second monitor connected?

If so do you see your wallpaper on the extended screen without any other icons showing ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old December 20th, 2012, 09:59 PM

Roy,

Based on your question, I went back over the entire problem to get answers. The result of trying to get the answers is I now have it working. I installed the same driver, "290.53" that I did a year ago, but rather than choose EXPRESS for the installation I picked CUSTOM and only selected the drive itself for install. This time I was able to install the driver and things are now where they should be.

Thanks for the nudge to get me back on track,

Wes

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.
Old December 21st, 2012, 05:15 AM
VIP

Quote:
Roy,

Based on your question, I went back over the entire problem to get answers. The result of trying to get the answers is I now have it working. I installed the same driver, "290.53" that I did a year ago, but rather than choose EXPRESS for the installation I picked CUSTOM and only selected the drive itself for install. This time I was able to install the driver and things are now where they should be.

Wes
Good to hear your problem is solved!

Just curious.... Did you by chance also select "Clean Install" in the Custom screen?

Thanks!

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old December 21st, 2012, 07:30 AM
VIP

Quote:
Roy,

Wes
Wes, I may run into this sort of thing at some point too. When you say you checked custom and was able to install the driver, do you mean the driver did NOT get installed with express, or did something else happen? Would like to know, thanx?

Old December 21st, 2012, 11:28 AM

I still had the download, for my driver that I used last year, installed on my hard drive, but when I first tried to install the driver using EXPRESS it would not installed. So I downloaded it from the web site and again used EXPRESS and it still would not install.

After the nudge from Roy, I once again installed the 290.53 driver from my drive, but selected CUSTOM and only selected the driver and not the other three options that were offered. I DID NOT use CLEAN INSTALL for the install. Somehow, I got lucky and this time it works.

When I was trying to get a dual monitor without the garbled graphics, my computer would recognize my dual monitor as a VGA monitor, but it would not work in duplicate or extended mode. It just remained blank. Now it's recognized by name, FPD1810, (Gateway Monitor) and everything appears to be back to where it was last year when I was helped by Bryan and Roy. Once again, they're back again to help.

Thanks,
Wes

Old December 21st, 2012, 04:46 PM
VIP

Quote:
I still had the download, for my driver that I used last year, installed on my hard drive, but when I first tried to install the driver using EXPRESS it would not installed. So I downloaded it from the web site and again used EXPRESS and it still would not install.

After the nudge from Roy, I once again installed the 290.53 driver from my drive, but selected CUSTOM and only selected the driver and not the other three options that were offered. I DID NOT use CLEAN INSTALL for the install. Somehow, I got lucky and this time it works.

When I was trying to get a dual monitor without the garbled graphics, my computer would recognize my dual monitor as a VGA monitor, but it would not work in duplicate or extended mode. It just remained blank. Now it's recognized by name, FPD1810, (Gateway Monitor) and everything appears to be back to where it was last year when I was helped by Bryan and Roy. Once again, they're back again to help.

Thanks,
Wes
I see,great, and Merry Christmas!