MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Old March 22nd, 2001, 12:54 PM

Angry

Please help me!!

I am using Microeditor v5.0 under Windows 98 (4.10.1998), when I try to play or export a segment, I receive the following error "DLL Error, File seek error (110)".

I can't do anything with the segment, and I canīt export the project to any audio format (WAV, AIFF ...), I canīt compress the project too.

The size of the file that I am using is 2.135.163 KB. I have read in your pages that the v5.0 have a bug using files greater than 2GYGAS, but too late!

Is there any way to repair this file?, the music that it contains it is very important to me, and I don't have a backup copy.

Any suggestions?
Old March 22nd, 2001, 06:30 PM
Administrator

I am sorry, but there is no way to recover a file that exceeds 2GB in size. This is a Windows problem and Microeditor cannot overcome it.

Why are you still using Microeditor V5.0? This was replaced with V5.1 for free, sent out to all clients who had 5.0. V5.0 is a very, very inferior version that you should not be using. We will give you V5.1 if you don't have it, but you would need to buy the upgrade to come up to 5.2 or 5.3 (the current release). V5.3 prevents Microeditor from creating a file greater than 2GB, so this problem should never happen under V5.3, little help that is to you now.
Old March 23rd, 2001, 08:11 AM

I need a solution.

Oh, God, we canīt lose the info, It is more than 150 hours of work.
Could we send you the file there? is there any way to recover the information? to lose a part of the information if not a big problem because some songs have been mixed several times, but we can not afford ourselves to lose all the information, it is not only because of the budget, it is also because the deadline to publish the cd is next 1st april 2001.

We know some expert programmers that could help us, is there anything with can do using an HEX editor or other tools?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Old March 26th, 2001, 06:33 PM
Administrator

DO THIS...

Mario, for US$150.00 I will assign an engineer to try and fix your project file so you can execute a "Save as SF" command on it. This would give you access to the first 2GB of audio in the 2.1GB SF file.

We can't guarrantee this will work, but we did fix another project like this years ago.

If you want us to try this, open your Project that calls the 2.1GB file. Execute the File menu "Save as Project" command. Email this project file to dave@mtu.com. It should be less than 1MB.

Email your credit card data for the $150 charge. We will try to turn it around tomorrow night and email it back to you either tomorrow night or on Wednesday.
Old March 28th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Frequent Member

----The "other" saved work for the 2gig problem was for me about 3 years ago when I had probably 200 hours in a project and a deadline that had already passed!...MTU had to go to great lengths to do this, but it did work. I did lose everything past the 2 gig point.

This was the only time I ever lost data in Microeditor. The warnings from MTU at that point, and continuing on the website, were very strong to all users.
Old April 3rd, 2001, 09:10 AM
Administrator

MTU fixed the project .mix file

Mario, we are glad you were able to recover your 150 hours of work in the 2.1GB .sf2 file. We normally don't help with this problem, but did for a fee in this case.

I STRONGLY recommend your company upgrade to Microeditor V5.3 to prevent this in the future.