MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old March 12th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Blocked From MTU.Community

im not complaining but.

ive just tried ti in stall again (should be the last time)im. being asked for the product id to continuebut thers no place to put it even if i new i feel embarassed about asking questions again. and we all know why.eh? thanks
Old March 12th, 2004, 04:33 PM

Would help to know why you are installing again.

Was the hard drive formatted again and you're doing a brand new install?

Did something in Microstudio appear to mess up, and you're trying to re-install ?

What are the circumstances ?

When the install shield pops up do you have three choices; MODIFY, REPAIR, or REMOVE ?

This would indicate the program is on the hard drive, and you can select REPAIR option to correct anything that may have been affected by something on the computer, or select REMOVE to delete the program and start a brand new install.

If REPAIR is selected you will not be asked for your email address and registration number, but the program must already be on the hard drive.

If the program is not on the computer the install shield should eventually pop up a screen asking for your email address and registration number. This comes after the screen where you put in your name, address, etc.

George
Old March 13th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Blocked From MTU.Community

george you dont understand its a clean install no prob with mtu what im saying is ther is no mention of product id before or during registration if there is i did not see it and if there is where is it so why should i be asked for something that doesnt existdo you see ehere im coming from george. otherwise everything here is now running smooth.thanks to the lads at mtu. ps i can only use one finger to type thats why sometimes i make spelling mistakes(due to a recent stroke)
Old March 13th, 2004, 08:30 AM

When doing a fresh install, the screen that asks for the email address and the registration number pops up right after the screen where you put in your name, address, and phone number.

If it did pop up, and you missed it, you would get a message asking for it. Then you would click the BACK button to go back to the screen you missed and enter the information.That's the only condition I can think of that would bring up the message you're getting.

That's the best I can tell you, and if that doesn't get it, I don't have a clue.

George
Closed Thread