MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old January 10th, 2008, 08:53 AM

Software for batch mpx vocal removal?

Does MTU or anyone sell a software that will process mp3 files and say take away the right channel and make both channels equal to the left channel? In other words remove vocals from a mpx file. I would like to process these files, in large batches, rather than use Multiplex controls on a player (Which Microstudio does not do) Again, interested in processing a batch of files (at this time recently acquired 1125 spanish songs) I don't know if vogone does this in a batch.

If I have to buy another "real" player I will have to do that but I prefer to process the files.
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:50 PM

Found my own answer

Goldwave will do a batch and process in the mixer effect "mono left" Sound comes from both speakers, but only what was in the left channel. Depending on the mpx setting "mono right" might be appropriate. (for 1900 songs this took about 8 hours!-computer doing the work of course, only initial setup requires a human)

This is for permanent processing, not temporary playing settings, which Microstudio does not do, but other players do. (do)

Copy and paste the cdg files and you have two sets of songs, vocal and not vocal (with the exact same name, so you have to add "vocal" or something using a renaming program, or keep everything in separate folders)

Old January 13th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

When are you going to accept that Microstudio is not a Karaoke Player, but is a tool for working with your files. That is why Microstudio does separate out the left and right channels.
Hoster will do this and will store the setting to shut off the vocal so you need only keep one file instead of two.
Old January 13th, 2008, 10:10 PM

Different needs

Now create a disc using the mpx files that have vocal and you want to carry them to your next friendly get together. (but without the vocal) Please stop reminding me that Hoster does everything. It doesn't, or at least the way that I need it to. Me Smart TWO!!
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:16 PM
VIP

Vogone will do this but only one file at a time. Beyond that I'm afraid I'm not much help.

Sam
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:26 PM

Vogone

mindonstrike

I guess some great things are going on with Vogone. My upgrades don't include the latest version. So I'm looking around before getting another similar software. But I did see that vogone would do what I was looking for but for one file at a time, as you say.

But I have already successfully processed a batch of 1900 files using Goldwave. It seems like something songverter might be able to to, since Sonverter processes batches. I don't predict that Songverter will be retrofitted to do this.

Thank you for your input Sam