MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old May 5th, 2008, 07:38 PM

How did you get your Company name?

When I first started out on my own in karaoke, I had a prtner, and when we were on our way to pick up our first set of gear, we were thinking about what we would call our company.
We had about an hour drive to where we had to pick it up, and all the way there we tried to come up with a catchy name and couldn't come up with anything that we could agree upon.
Just as we got to the exit on the freeway where we turned off, Van Morrison's "Wildnight" came on the radio, and we both looked at each other and said "Wildnights Productions" !!
It was about another 5 seconds when I came up with our motto "turn your quiet evenings into Wildnights".
I have since shed the partner idea and have gone to Wildnights Karaoke Show.

What's your story???
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:45 PM

my name

my name came not as exciting as yours. I just did shows with no name. Than they started calling me glori-oke. lame. i am still looking for a name.
Old May 7th, 2008, 06:18 AM

Leather and Lace. Me and my ex girlfriend use to produce our own adult entertainment theatrical releases. No pun intended.
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:47 PM

Laverne & Swany

My last name is Swanson, been nicknamed as my father before me Swany.

My lady Laverne who's name is Connie, worked for Flips Cafe in Grand Rapids, Mich. One of the first Karaoke spots in Michigan, the owner told his employees to pick names to go by. At that time Laverne & Shirley was on TV and Connies roomates name was Shirley and hung out at the Cafe a lot. There is more people know us by our nicknames than our christian given names. So being famous in our own right , when we started a DJ & Karaoke service we picked Laverne & Swany.
Old May 9th, 2008, 12:41 PM

Karaoke Koyote

My last name is wile. All my life people have called me "wile E coyote".

I changed the C to a K, and there ya go.
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Honor Roll

My favorite KJ is Ben Rotten. He worked for me for 8 years before finally going out on his own.
Old June 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM

I looked through the songbook to come up with a name. I came upon the Bad Company song "Shooting Star" and there you go. SHOOTING STAR PRODUCTIONS. Should Bad Company get royalties for this???!!!
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:26 AM

Monolith Entertainment

I started off working for another guy many years ago and his company was Encore Entertainment. Not sure where he got the idea from.

I started off thinking about just being an offshoot of that name but decided against it. Considered Northern Lights for a while and it just didn't say what I wanted it to.

Then one day I was woking on my system and realized the main rack looked a lot like the Monolith from the movie 2001 (big black rectangle set on its end). Monolith Entertainment seemed to say what I wanted it to for the whole company (I do more than just karaoke). It was different than anyone else in the area and that helped to attract clients.

Monolith Entertainment