MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old April 18th, 2008, 02:58 PM

Pre Loaded Cavs

Okay I don't own one and never will. That being said, I work in a small northern Michigan bar on Saturdays, and on Thru and Fri there is another KJ running a pre loaded Cavs unit. He is bad mouthing me running MTU equipt, and saying I'm running illegal music. Somewhere here, in the past I read on these units and that Cavs had not purchased the rights to selling these units preloaded. I would like to find that information and confront this jerk. I have my disk list, disks and a laptop with my music on it. I will take any of the above just to put this bad mouthing blowhard in his place. Thanks ahead of time. Swany legal and still loving karaoke.
Old April 18th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

In the Support section there is a page with the research done by MTU on this. There are also some links to more information. I would print this out and take it to the bar owner to show you are legit. Admin was the one who found out CAVs didn't have any licenses to reproduce and this was in one of the threads. Maybe he can tell you where he got the information from.
Old April 18th, 2008, 07:14 PM

Must be for the privy I don't see it. Went to support, don't find anything there.
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:28 PM
VIP

He must not know his stuff very well. Just looking at their website you can see that their equipment allows importing stuff from your own disks, which makes him very little different from you or me except that Hoster is far more versatile and superior to CAVS
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:30 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
In the Support section there is a page with the research done by MTU on this. There are also some links to more information. I would print this out and take it to the bar owner to show you are legit. Admin was the one who found out CAVs didn't have any licenses to reproduce and this was in one of the threads. Maybe he can tell you where he got the information from.
As I recall Admin was referring to supercdg which is one of CAVS's formats they sell.

Sam
Old April 19th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
Must be for the privy I don't see it. Went to support, don't find anything there.
Look in column on the left for "Is Copying OK" toward bottom of list.
Old April 19th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindonstrike View Post
As I recall Admin was referring to supercdg which is one of CAVS's formats they sell.

Sam
CAVs didn't produce any of the SCDGs they sell. Those were done by NuTech and others. But the songs they put on the CAVs Jukebox are copies, that they do not have a license for and you don't get the originals.
Old April 19th, 2008, 02:40 AM

I have not heard anything good about cavs, I heard their bit rate is low and the versions are bad. Am I wrong? I would never use their stuff.
Old April 19th, 2008, 06:03 AM
VIP

For a while I heard they were having problems with lyrics being out of sync and a few other issues, but I hav'nt heard anything good or bad about them recently.

I don't know what they put on their machines but the songs they sell (or used to) were 128 which is low for an mp3 in my opinion, but since that seems to be common for mp3g's it must be a subjective opinion on my part.

Sam
Old April 19th, 2008, 11:21 AM

I've seen a lot of CAVS units in operation, nothing against them. Just I read something admin posted on the pre loaded cavs units. That is what I'm trying to find.