MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 30th, 2000, 11:02 PM

After uploading & installing Vogone I, I attempted to use it for the first time. My input file was 16 bit stereo & I named the output file "Test1.wav". When I clicked the process button, a pop-up screen came up immediately that said "finished proscessing file". However, nothing was written to the disk. I have since tried this on 3 different files, with the exact same result. What am I doing wrong?

FYI - I am running "Windows Me" Edition on a Pentium 200 MMX w/ 40 Meg of RAM.

Thanks,
Kevin Tyler
kmtblt@gte.net
Old December 2nd, 2000, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Potential causes for a file to not process

[ol]
[li] As Cid_Cat below indicates, for the Output Filename, DO NOT add the .wav extension. Vogone I adds this extension automatically. Adding it will cause this version of Vogone I to not create a processed file.

[li] Your .wav file may not a true .wav file. Some audio editors write a .wav extension on files that hold compressed data, not linear data. Vogone I will not process this file correctly. If you suspect this, please send us the .wav file. Send it via email to support@mtu.com, or by CDROM if you can't email it. Please include your name and reference that Vogone I does not process it. We will study the file and see what is wrong. We may have a bug we had not seen before. That's why continuing to improve a product is important.

[li] Windows misbehaves in less than 64MB of RAM. We never recommend running with less than 64MB. Thus, add 64MB to your 40MB. The random problems that can appear with too little RAM drives developers crazy trying to find a bug that is really the OS/Computer.
[/ol]
Old December 8th, 2000, 01:24 PM

Using Vogone software

I had the same problem when I first started using the Vogone software. Here's how I resolved it:

When you select the input file, do so with a double-click of your mouse on your WAV file. When you designate an output file, click "output file" in the Vogone window, then type the new filename BUT DO NOT TYPE AN EXTENSION (IE .WAV), the program will do it for you, then press "ENTER". You should now be looking at the Vogone program window with both input and output files designated.

When you press the "Process" button, the program will basically appear to be dormant but your hard disk drive will be clicking away. The whole process should take about 10 seconds, depending on your machine.

Good luck.
Cid