MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 10th, 2001, 12:07 PM

you will NEVER see total vocal removal

I'm far from being an expert on the subject, but I do not believe we will ever see what we want regarding vocal removal, at least not permanently, and here's where I'm coming from.
When we make a recording at home we add the echo level, and it all comes out as one vocal, but as we are all well aware, not so in the recording studio. The echo is addded as another track. Why? wouldn't it be simpler for them to do it the same way we do it?
Not if their intention is to PREVENT SATISFACTORY VOCAL REMOVAL OF COPYWRITED MATERIAL!
I think this is what's happening, and the minute MTU or anyone else develops successful vocal removal technology, the big boys at Sony Studios, or whoever, are already standing by with newer studio recording methods that will put us right back where we are.

Now I'm not suggesting we quit trying, but whatever total success we achieve will only be a brief victory, at least in my estimation. Look at all the lengths the video tape industry went through to prevent movie duplication( the most popular was macrovision.) Why should we be naive enough to not think the audio industry isn't doing the same thing, in their own way?

Anyway, that's this old boy's opinion, so get used to echos, and quit throwing harpoons at the guys that want this as bad as we do. They are misdirected.

Thanks, George

Last edited by George; August 10th, 2001 at 12:10 PM.