MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 21st, 2000, 08:00 PM

The has been some discussion about using mp3 files and the use of the Vogone software. I've really had limited luck with complete removal of vocals from mp3's converted to WAV. To those using midi files...are you getting better results? If so, what do I need to do to begin using midi files?

A bit of praise for the software:
It has worked great several times on songs I'm ripping right from the CD with Microstudio.

Thanks!
Old November 22nd, 2000, 02:56 AM

Arrow Vogone

I have found Vogone hit and miss. Its not the progs fault. I find it works better on older simpler stuff ie: Neil Young.

PROGS I USE FOR DEVOC ETC

Dart Karaoke Author http://www.dartech.com/Products/New.asp This prog has a good devocalizer. It has 3 variable fields which allow you to change the sound and test it before you want to process the file. This is also hit and miss depending on the recording of the music. It also comes with good music tools, midi to wave and mp3 to wave. The Karaoke side though saves to its own format which can only be played on PC. I have found this 15 day trial great for editing sounds, but have never used the karaoke side of the prog since there has been no need to.
Old November 23rd, 2000, 12:19 PM

MIDI files do not have any vocals. Tha is why I prefer them over removing vocals from .wav files.

The additional advantage of the MIDI files is that usually, a single instrument carries the melody. This instrument can be controlled as to type (even a synthesized vocal, like ooohs) and loudness, so that you can listed to the instrument in the background carrying the tune. This is helpful in two ways. One to cue the sweeping and two to help vocalist with the melody. You can also removed completely if that is the best for you.

BANDL