MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 1 Help

Keyrite 1 Help Post Keyrite 1 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 25th, 2003, 03:02 PM

Angry Program Freezes every time I try to start the song

Please help me! I have a contest and this program is freezing every time I try to start the song. I know I am doing it right bbecause I followed the manual exactly.
Old April 25th, 2003, 03:27 PM

Question ?????????

Marlie,

Quote:
Please help me! I have a contest and this program is freezing every time I try to start the song. I know I am doing it right because I followed the manual exactly.

You posted on the Keyrite forum and Keyrite IS NOT a stand-alone program. Which program is freezing? Is it MicroStudio? And if so, which version?

Which type of computer and Operating System are you running?
How about your sound card make and model number?
CDROM brand and model number?

Are you trying to play a song from a commercial CDG, or from your hard drive?

Answers to these questions will give us something to begin troubleshooting.

Thank you,

Jon
Old April 26th, 2003, 05:19 AM

Please Reply ASAP

Does keywrite work with Windows XP??

I had the CDG disks, but I ripped them on to my hard drive. I have also downloaded many off some Karaoke websites. I have changed the .mp3 to a .wav file, but when I press "play preview" it freezes. Also....what is MicroStudio?? Do I have to have this to operate it and did it come with the program?? I really wish there was a Key changing software program that I could find that plays .mp3s. I am really in a bind because I am on a television contest. PLease help me..

thanks
Old April 26th, 2003, 09:02 AM

Need Jon's questions answered to try to figure what's happening.

ALSO:
Does the freeze happen when you try to load a song into Keyrite, play it to change key within Keyrite, or play in Keyrite after being changed and saved ? Keyrite is a stand alone program to the extent you can import audio tracks and play them them in Keyrite before or after changing keys, although it isn't meant as a player per se, it will function as one, only one track at a time can be selected to play, no "playlist" options. You do not necessarily need any other program to play a track either before or after keying. Keyrite will play a .WAV file just fine in either the Select Input File or Select Output File section. I frequently use it as a .WAV player.
As Jon pointed out, you would need Microstudio to play a CDG that you've re-keyed the audio portion of.

ALSO:
When you say you've changed MP3 to .WAV, did you do it with conversion software, or try to simply change the file extension. Perhaps this may seem like a dumb question, but have seen some try to simply change the file extension, which works in some applications, but not in this instance.

Last edited by George; April 26th, 2003 at 01:39 PM.
Old April 26th, 2003, 03:54 PM

What is Microstudio

Microstudio allows people (with the correct cd burners) to copy CDG (Karaoke graphics) discs, and extract cdg files. It also allows you to take a combination of these files and create a Karaoke disc with your choice of songs on it. What's more, and this is the really special part, Microstudio will actually play cdg discs (with the correct cd-r drives) and cdg files on your computer (including the words on your monitor!)

If you ask "What is Microstudio?" then probably you are not creating with cdg format. I'm going to assume that you are working with wave files.

Keyrite will change the key of wave files. The playback preview has always been imperfect for me (probably due to slower equipment) but I can still go ahead and create the file even though the preview may be spurratic.(sp?) Make sure you TURN OFF THE PLAYBACK PREVIEW before you create a key-changed file.

Assuming that you are working with wave files only, you need a wave file player like Windows Media Player to see how it came out. Unless I am mistaken, Microstudio will play cdg files but not wave files. You would need to burn the wave files to a disc. Microstudio plays both normal audio and cdg audio discs.

Hope this gives you something to work with. Good luck with your contest.

I have seen the program Goldwave mentioned in this forum. I don't see it as a direct competitor to MTU's array of products-mentioning such a thing is frowned upon. That might fill in some of your blanks.

Getting Microstudio (making sure to have an appropriate burner) would rock your world!!
Old April 26th, 2003, 04:08 PM

You can load a .WAV file into Keyrite and play it just fine in the select output file section either with or without any key change done to it,. No other player is necessary.

Just click "Select Output File", double click on any .WAV file you wish, and click "Play File". You can check your work right there in the program, or simply use it as a player. I do frequently. You do not have to exit Keyrite and open the file in any other media player. Keyrite is a stand alone program where .WAV files or the audio portion of CDG filesare concerned.

If all you want to do is play the audio portion of a CDG, when you select the output file, open the drop down menu and change to CDG under Files Of Type, and the Audio plays just fine.

George

MARLIESTRIMBLE:Forgot to answer your question. Yes, Keyrite will work on XP.

Last edited by George; April 26th, 2003 at 07:10 PM.
Old April 26th, 2003, 07:35 PM

Talking Oops it's a player

I stand corrected on Keyrites playing abilities.

Motivated by George's observation I made some tests:

Keyrite cleanly plays unaltered wave and cdg files

Keyrite cleanly previews how a wave or cdg file will sound if altered.

Keyrite does not exhibit the clipping problem that microstudio and kpro do when they play music.

Keyrite does not track the seconds of the song.

Keyrite does not have a toggle that allows you to randomly jump to a different part of the song; one has to listen to the whole song all the way through if one wants to hear just the ending. You can't listen to the same section over and over etc.

Keyrite has no pause option

Keyrite will not allow a listener to create a playlist, necesitating choosing the files one at a time for listening. (So it would be very bothersome to listen to music while cleaning your room, etc.)

My conclusions:

The Playback feature is much cleaner then I remembered (or than in previous versions). I grew accostumed to ignoring it and using my other programs. Good job guys!!!

Since I have Microstudio, I don't suppose that I will ever test my cdg files by listening to them in Keyrite. (Except I'm intrigued that there is no clipping in Keyrite)

Since I have other Wave file, Mp3, WMA players that allow me to jump around, pause, repeat sections, create playlists, etc., I don't suppose I will ever use Keyrite just to play wave files.

The Playback feature certainly satisfies it's needs for Keyrite and then some.

With other options for listening easily available, well, fill in the blank on whether it should be one's "player".

Last edited by jahern; April 29th, 2003 at 11:08 AM.
Old April 26th, 2003, 09:36 PM

Thanks Jahern,

I agree with the lack of toggling, etc, but considering that one probably never would only re-key a portion of a song I can see why it's not a feature. It's still a nice, clean player even though that's not it's purpose.

Another use I have for playing in Keyrite, is once and awhile I want to listen to just the audio portion of a cdg for background music while surfing or doing something else on the computer. Works great, but at the present time Microstudio will not handle that, the minute you open anything else, the audio portion cuts out. I hope this gets fixed in the next go around with Microstudio.

Take care,

George

Last edited by George; April 27th, 2003 at 08:15 AM.
Old April 27th, 2003, 12:17 AM

I think I might just be an idiot

Ok guys.....sorry I never reply very quickly, but I work and I live in Hawaii. The time difference is insane. ANways....I did just change the extension name. I am truly looking for a program that will simply change the key of my mp3 file. I have lots of cdg disks, but i would rather have them on my computer so that I can make certain playlists for myself. Does anyone know of an mp3 key change program out there??? I am really in a bind. Now I have Keyrite and I cannot do anything with it. I mean....hell, I would be better off just shelling the money out for a full machine. Please please help.....
Old April 27th, 2003, 01:05 AM

MP3 workaround

Use a program like Musicmatch Jukebox to convert mp3s to wave files, change the keys of wave files with Keyrite, and using the same Musicmatch Jukebox , convert the files back to mp3s. Basic free versions of Musicmatch Jukebox are available.

I don't know of any software that will change the keys of music files faster than keyrite. I mentioned Goldwave. (free downloads are available) It will do two different kinds of key changes. One that goes pretty fast, but there is a corresponding tempo change (pretty handy if that's what you need) But, To not change tempo, my computer 600 megahertz, will do a short song using Goldwave in about 30 minutes! I don't know your situation but it will still be probably two slow. Goldwave will do file converting as well if you follow the instructions and get the right plug-ins

I really suggest you just convert files and then use keyrite. I hope you find what you need and your contests go well.

PS. I know what it is like not to be able to get on the Forums after a certain amount of time. Don't worry and sorry if you felt under pressure. We're just anxious to help.
Old April 27th, 2003, 01:59 AM

I have it!.....almost

Ok.....so I converted the mp3s on Musicmatch. It came with my brand new Dell. Now I have the problem of converting a Windows Media File into an mp3 so that I can convert the mp3 to a wav. Any suggestions??

Old April 27th, 2003, 03:33 AM

Talking Here it is...

Marlie,

Check this link out. I think it has, exactly what you are looking for. You can try it for free!

http://www.mp3towma.com/

I'd like to know how you make out in the contest.

Good luck,

Jon
Old April 27th, 2003, 11:05 AM

wma plug-in

In addition to jaddams recommendation. I'm not sure what version of Musicmatch you got with your computer, but you should be able to get a wma plug-in. If you can get a copy of Siren Jukebox 2.0 which I have all these questions would seem like bad dreams from the past.

With the right plug-ins , I think Goldwave will work. I don't go too far with it since I have Siren Jukebox. Sonic stopped supporting this program long ago, but it still does a lot of work for me.

Last edited by jahern; April 29th, 2003 at 11:11 AM.