MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 14th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Frequent Member

I've had excellent results from Fuji, Imation, Kypermedia and despite the tendency of peeling paint precision CD-R's. I won't go with any other media as I do not trust them. I'll stick with what I use now. Why rock the boat? If you are having success with yours keep using it.
Old February 15th, 2002, 12:16 AM

cd to cd

On CD to CD copying I have found that Oak Technologies makes a
program called Simpli CD. It works very, very well for most all formats of disc to disc copying.

The good news is that it works super in Windows XP and if you have PlexWriters you know that the manager 2000 doesn't work with XP. If you call the company or go online you can get Simpli CD for a minimal shipping price. I don't remember if there was any other charge, I think I only paid $9 and it was here in two days.

The site is Oak Technologies and is linked in the plextor site.

It will copy at up to 24x with cd-gs and has a great burn protection.

I know that this is the MTU sight but right now I am not real happy with the XP progress with this program. And there is NO WAY I will give up my XP.

If you have questions or suggestions to me I welcome all emails at jansman@lvcm.com .

And just another note :

THANK GOD THAT MEDIA CLOQ IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know what I mean?

Ken
Jansman@lvcm.com
Old February 15th, 2002, 01:13 AM

YEAH YOU'RE RIGHT, IT IS A MTU SITE, AND IF YOU GO TO THE OAK TECHNOLOGIES WEBSITE YOU'LL SEE THE SIMPLI CD SOFTWARE PRICED AT $49.95 FOR DOWNLOAD OR $64.95 FOR A CD. STRANGE, HUH?

TAKE CARE,

GEORGE
Old February 15th, 2002, 01:32 AM

Mtu Themselves suggest a plextor cd-rw and if you own one it is only 9.95 and at least it WORKS!!!!!

In 2.312, which is what you have to use, will not burn a cd faster than 1x on my machine. Who has time for that?

By the way, where is 2.315?

This suggestion is only for those who need faster copying.

I still own and have paid for MTU 2.312 and have not demanded a refund because the other things the program does will be helpfull when it does work properly.

I don't make many posts or replys but when I do they are helpfull to the majority. Don't make me have to mention CAVS!
Old February 15th, 2002, 08:59 AM

a website paid for and maintained by a business concern is not the place to tout competitive products.It is not ethical in any sense of the word. Also, it is doubtful that the MAJORITY own Plextors as vast as the market is, nor does the MAJORITY have or want XP, and judging from the posts on these forums it is apparant that the MAJORITY are quite pleased with the MTU products. If you had researched the forums prior to your purchase it should have been obvious that XP was experiencing problems , so either you didn't do so, or you chose to ignore, so I for one don't see you as being in a position to demand anything from them. When I had a problem they more than bent over backwards to get it resolved. If you'll read through the forums I believe you'll see that's been the case with the MAJORITY if the incidences.MTU does more that anyone else the MAJORITY of us have encountered to get the problems solved, so a little less beligerance, and more of a positive attitude in helping them to solve your's might go a long way.

George

Last edited by George; February 15th, 2002 at 10:47 AM.
Old February 15th, 2002, 12:31 PM

XP and the universe

Don't really care for XP myself. I have preinstalled on a Sont laptop and have nothing but problems with it (Mostly in the home networking area. My other sytems all run Windows 2000 Which I would install onthe laptop also if I knew could get all the correct drivers. MTU software works great on Windows 2000 on the 3 different computers I have tried it on and I also use the HP 8100 series burner that seems to work fine but only to speeds of 4x even though the drive stated it can do 8x. For Duping disk I need something that can burn Disk to Disk much faster than the 16x I'm currently getting with the plextors (Which I choose because of the support stated in MTU's compatablility section) Truthfully I have wasted 2 of the 16x drives already and just got the third oe last night. The first one was DOA and the second when to heaven after 2 hundred burns we will see how the third holds up. I agree that one should not tout another brand in a company board UNLESS it can be used TOGETHER to make one's job a little easier. If there is a product out there that can dup at 40x I want it, but I will stick with MTU for ripping single tracks and custom arranging.

Just my 2 cents

Old February 15th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Frequent Member

I run windows 98SE and have had no problems running any of the MTU products with the exception to Vogne but that problem lies with what Motherboard I am running on and not with the MTU products itself. I have also had no problems with Nikkodo discs that sopme are complaining about having in the playing or copying area.
Old February 17th, 2002, 11:53 AM

This is info only for ayone thinking of going to SimpliCD
George

George,
SimpliCD will copy CD+G discs, but you'll need to do so 'on the fly'. That means you'll need two drives that support CD+G format, one to read and one to write. You can't write an image file of a CD+G disc on your hard drive and then copy that image to disc.

Plextor drives support reading and writing CD+G format.

There's no discount on SimpliCD to Plextor drive owners.

SimpliCD Support CaseID:
Please include the entire line above in all correspondence.

SimpliCD Support Team - Paul

------ Original Message ------
Does Simpli CD work with CDG format? Have also been told owners of Plextor drives get substantial discount off purchase price, but see nothing mentioned on the website regarding such.
Please advise.

Thank you,

George

Last edited by George; February 17th, 2002 at 01:19 PM.