MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 7th, 2004, 10:09 PM

Not Supported CD Burner? Common guys... I want a refund

After paying $39.95 for Multistudio, I tried to duplicate one CD-G.

But the process ended with an error message.

After throwing my CDR to the trash, I tried with another CDG. But, I got the same results...

Two less CDRs, and an increasingly worry that I had also thrown $40 to the trash, I looked on the site for some troubleshoot information, and found an answer on the FAQ...

The info says that some CD burners that Multistudio recognizes as to be able to write a Karaoke CD or CD+G, in fact, do not. Guess what, mine was listed.

And the fix to the problem? BUY ANOTHER CD BURNER THAT IS SUPPORTED BY THE SOFTWARE.

OH man...

How can MTU resolve it that way?

The problem is in the SOFTWARE, not the HARDWARE. The SOFTWARE says that the drive is Karaoke CD Writing capable.

That's what I saw when I downloaded the demo version, and tried it. I have to CD drives in my computer, and one clearly said: NOT SUPPORTED.

But the other one WAS.

The demo version is that: To demo a software. Since the demo said that with my one CD driver the software was going to work, I paid for the full version. And then I find out that it REALLY does not work.

Guys, you cannot just say "BUY ANOTHER CD DRIVE". Like if it were MY fault. Why should I buy another CD burner if the SOFTWARE is saying that my drive is supported?

No. It's not fair.

The SOFTWARE needs to be fixed so when for CDG W support it says YES, it means YES.

But if that cannot be done because of the burner itself, then, the SOFTWARE needs to be fixed to say NO when it does not support the burner.

Meanwhile, I would like a refund.

I am sorry that things turned out this way. But I trusted MTU, and was very dissappointed.

Last edited by johnytolengo; March 7th, 2004 at 10:25 PM.
Old March 7th, 2004, 11:20 PM

Can't help but wonder if you actually tried to write a track with the demo? If so did it work? Apparantly it should not have.

George
Old March 8th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Administrator

What drive do you have

johnytolengo, I am sorry if you are not satisfied with our software.

1. Please post here the manufacturer and model number of the drive that our demo reports will do CDG Karaoke. There may be some other problem, and your drive just may be able to work after all. We are not aware of any drives that are reported as capable of CDG that Microstudio does not support.

2. You report that you had to throw two CDs away. This is not unusuall when you first start up. So, give us some facts about what happens. Post the exact error messages here.

3. Also, if the CDG disc you are trying to duplicate is a Multisession protected disc, it cannot be copied in the Duplicate Disc Tab, but it can be copied using the Import Tracks Tab and the Custom Assembly Tab.

We'll get you running.
Old March 8th, 2004, 07:14 PM

Admin, thanks for getting back to me promptly.

1) The drive is an LG model HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4120B.

Multistudio demo and full version recognize it as "HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4120B 2.0".

The detect drives option of both Multistudio programs show YES for Karaoke and Audio.

2) OK.

The exact error message is: "Error: 'FINISH DAO RECORDING' command failed on device 1:0:0
Device contains no disc or is not ready (04h 00h 02h 02h 04h 08h)"

The error message pups up after the duplicate operation is 100% complete.

I am reading at 8x (auto selected), and writting at 4x (manually selected).

This is the first time I have issues with this drive.

The resulting CD only has audio; no lyrics (graphics). Thus, the result is an audio CD, not a CD+G. That's why I threw them, I don't need them. Plus, the software also suggests doing so in case of an error.

3) I tried the Import Tracks/Custom Assembly options in test mode, and got the same error message.

I hope this information can help you determine the problem, and find a solution. Thanks.
Old March 8th, 2004, 07:32 PM

Under the SELECT DISC FORMAT do you have KARAOKE CDG selected and not AUDIO CD?

George
Old March 8th, 2004, 08:02 PM

Unhappy Not compatible

This drive will not work with Microstudio or Hoster.

Only Plextor will with the latest version of Micro & Hoster, this drive might read cdg but it will need another driver which is not the one MTU uses. In fact, it's not a cdg compatible drive but again, not sure if another mode would do it?

Sorry
Old March 9th, 2004, 08:20 AM

Which takes us back to my first question.

Did you try to burn a track with the demo?

George
Old March 9th, 2004, 10:08 AM

Johny,
Here is a list of drives that show Yes, but really won't work. If you look your Drive Manufacturer is listed on there as any drives from this company.

Click here to go to the post.
Old March 9th, 2004, 01:39 PM

Thanks Bryan, that's exactly why I requested the refund.

The software said my burner was supported. That's why I bought it. Since the software does not do as it states, I would like a refund.

I hope this issue is resolved soon (as I stated on a previous message, by updating the demo and full versions to say NO to that list of drives, OR by finding the software fix that will allow those drives to copy discs with graphics).

MTU, unless you suggest a better option, I would like a refund. Thanks.

If in the future, a new version of the MTU soft supports my drive, I will buy it.