MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 30th, 2002, 11:04 PM

Question Dma?

Just downloaded suite and began by installing Microstudio. Received instructions about auto insert notification and enable DMA. No problems with auto insert change, however when I attempt to enable DMA I receive warning that this will adversely impact hardware - suggesting I should not enable this feature. I tried to find some mention of DMA in various help sources without luck. Only thing found was note that if this box did not remain checked after applying it meant the particular CD drive did not support DMA. Question remains about error statement advising against enabling at all: can I take that step without adverse impacts to hardware? What occurs with Microstudio if DMA is not enabled? The HP CD-writer I have was on one of your certified lists previously. Looking for suggestions. thanks
Old December 31st, 2002, 09:48 AM
Frequent Member

The warning you are getting when you check DMA is standard. Go ahead and check DMA and re-boot your computer. You should not experence any problems.