MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old March 15th, 2002, 09:27 AM

Toshiba combo player

I purchased a HP Pavilion laptop(great machine) with a Toshiba combo writer(cd,cdrw,dvd). In the specs it said that it supported cd+(e)g. IT DOESN'T!!!!!!!!!. I used a backup copy of Microstudio to try it out(illegal to put on multiple machines, but I wanted to try before I bought a second copy).
I will say that CompUSA gave me full credit when I took the machine back in a timely fashion(2days).

Question - Is the Plextor "SlimLine" player approved for MTU software and if it is who is creating a laptop with this player?

Thank you,
Ray Brown
Old March 15th, 2002, 10:53 AM

Ray,
Yes the Plextor Slimline works correctly for CD+G. I am not sure who is making a Laptop with this drive. We were able to get our hands on one, normally you must by in a quantity of 30 or more. You should try calling Plextor to see if they can tell you what companies are making a laptop using this drive.
Old March 26th, 2002, 05:56 PM

Unhappy Plextor SlimLine

I just talked to Plextor and they have dicontinued the Slim Line CDRW. Everyone started putting the DVD format in their laptops and nobody needed the Slim Line