MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old February 19th, 2009, 08:18 AM

No reg cleaner prog.
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:31 AM

I got the 3.317 version to work but book id root is zero. It is importing as we speak so I will check to see if they play and then tackle getting the songs back into the program. At this point I don't care if the books are screwed up. I have edited all the duplicates out of my books anyway so #'s don't matter to me. I look up titles then pick the singers fav of what I think is the best version. I just want it to work so I can go back to work. I guess I can live with that if I can get all my file off my new hard drive.
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:58 AM

Please don't tell me that I need to have the mp3 + cdg files from my old drive. I stopped the file transfer after all the kma files were finished. It will take about two days running 24hrs. to do this.

These files were converted using Songverter to use them in another program. ie compu...(that I don't like by the way)
Old February 19th, 2009, 09:24 AM

If my files have been recovered with www.recovermyfiles.com software do I need to change the location in the drive from Quick NTFS partition 1 to get Hoster to find them? If so, how? The reason I ask is that newly added files are in the file list under all the other drive folders that came with the drive. The new files I added play fine so now I just need to get the others to be recognized by Hoster. Thanks for any help, Mark
Old February 19th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

One thing that might be worth checking in case recovered files are corrupt, right click a .kma file then click properties. A normal file will be about 3.00 to 6.00 Mb in size, if they are only a few kb Then they are not complete or corrupted. Another way to see this is to set view on your folder to display details.
Old February 19th, 2009, 11:39 AM

All files show normal sizes but I do wonder if there is a problem with the import. Since these are KMA files, when I click on import hard drive files which of the four options should I use?
Old February 19th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

You don't use import hard drive files for the .kma's.
I have not seen anything in your replies to say that you have done the rebuild data base option.
This is the way to get Hoster to recognize the .kma files.
It is under Tools tab/ build songs data. On opening this you must direct it to the folder where you .kma files are on your external disk. any other folders listed there delete apart from the new ones you added in the last 24hrs.
Old February 19th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitd9922 View Post
All files show normal sizes but I do wonder if there is a problem with the import. Since these are KMA files, when I click on import hard drive files which of the four options should I use?
Morning, Roy is right on the money here. Rebuilding your database will not only get you back to running, it will match your books. The book #s are stored in the KMA file.
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:03 PM

I just rebuilt the database and the only files that apeared are the 29 songs I just loaded. That is why I asked about the Quick NTSF partition 1 that is on my new drive and is where all the recovered files are located.
How do I open these files so that hoster can see them?
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:20 PM

I got Hoster to recognize a back up hard drive that has most of the songs the original had on it. It is a different drive letter so do I change the save to folder to F rather than E where Hoster is currently reading from? Or, change the drive letter on the back up?
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Did you point hoster to this partition "Quick NTSF partition 1" when you rebuilt the data base ?

If not that's why they don't appear.

Other than that open the folder they are in and go to edit/ select all, then Copy, open the folder where these latest 29 are and paste. Now they should all be in the same folder. Then you will have to rebuild data Base again.

Any time you move .kma files you have to rebuild data base.
Old February 19th, 2009, 02:04 PM

It is a folder in the E drive but it only lets me get at the ones loaded separatly under all the other folders section on the contents. This folder does not import with the others. When I open that folder it shows the KMA files but I cannot copy them in mass.

But I do have some good news, my back up drive is now working and all the songs that I do that are on the list when I start up the show are there and they work! Yeah! I will have to reinstal the others unsess you guys can figure out how to get those partitioned files in the pile with the rest.

Like I said before "if it ain't broke......

I think I'll stay with the older more familiar verson. I wonder if I could get a refund on the upgrade if they kill my Reg. code?
Old February 19th, 2009, 05:43 PM

Hi Mitd9922

So your back and running again what a struggle you had.

Hope your show go's good tonight

Joe...
Old February 19th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just rebuilt the database and the only files that apeared are the 29 songs I just loaded. That is why I asked about the Quick NTSF partition 1 that is on my new drive and is where all the recovered files are located.
How do I open these files so that hoster can see them?
"Quick NTSF partition 1" looks like it is the name it gives to the part of the drive that it uses to recover the files to. I haven't determined from their website yet whether it actually creates a partition of your drive or if it just names the whole drive that. Is there a folder under that which contains your KMA files or are they on the drive directly under this name?

Quote:
It is a folder in the E drive but it only lets me get at the ones loaded separatly under all the other folders section on the contents. This folder does not import with the others. When I open that folder it shows the KMA files but I cannot copy them in mass.
This sounds like you don't have permission to copy or access those files. Do you get a message when you try to copy them? If so what is the message?

Quote:
I think I'll stay with the older more familiar verson. I wonder if I could get a refund on the upgrade if they kill my Reg. code?
Personally I think that would be a mistake. I understand that you have a lot going on right now trying to get this back to working right. However, Hoster 4.06 did not cause your drive to fail. And contrary to what you said earlier drives do fail instantly and don't always give you a warning. So get everything working again, get things settled down and then try 4.06 again to get all the new features that have been added.
Old February 20th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Just out of curiosity (mainly because I just ran across this) have you checked the files in Quick NTFS partition 1 to see if these files are set to Read Only?

If they are then you will need to change that and that is why Hoster can't add them.
Old February 20th, 2009, 08:45 PM

I was able to transfer all the files on the partition to my new drive and add them to the complete list. But I still am having a problem with some of them saying the file path is missing.

You guys rock! Thank you so much for your care in getting me back up and running!