MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 1 Help

Keyrite 1 Help Post Keyrite 1 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 26th, 2002, 03:15 PM

Thumbs down Great concept, BUT.....

I have a small, part-time karaoke business and I love to perform as much as possible. I sing a vast variety of songs but I have to change the key for most everything I sing. I love being able to have my own disk with a compilation of my songs when I go to other KJs shows. But even with my own disk with just my tunes, it is a hassle to have the hosting KJ change the pitch for me most every time I sing. I thought the Keyrite program would change all that. BUT, what I have found is that the reproduced song with the key changes does not have the sound quality I expected. It has a "wobble" that is unacceptable to me, and I would not want to play a reproduced key changed song for someone who's singing in my show. It sounds much better to use the original disk (or even a copy) and use the key changer integrated in my expensive amp to change the pitch. I hoped that this wouldn't be the case with Keyrite. If this were a product I could return - I would. I still have made a couple of practice disks with key changes so that I don't risk damagine my originals.

Does anyone have the same problem.
Old September 26th, 2002, 03:25 PM

System requirements

If anyone needs to know. I have a AMD Athlon 2200+ processor with 512 DDR Ram, and a high dollar sound card. I know that it's not the computer that produces the wobble. This would be a fantastic program (Keyrite) if it reproduced the key-changed song as clean as the original. When I change keys through my karaoke system, you can't even tell.
Old October 20th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Administrator

There are tradeoffs always...

Thank you for your input. First, your comments about the wobbling places you in the top 5% of our clients. There are very few who "detect" that artifact, and it is not the same on every song.

Keyrite has no controls to adjust. However, there is one we should have made available. It would allow removing this wobble.

We are working on an upgrade to keyrite that should reduce this artifact... hopefully without adding an adjustable control to confuse our customers.

We hope to have it out this year, but no commitments yet.