MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 26th, 2010, 02:12 PM

KHPRO Text not showing Windows 7

I am using Windows 7 and KHPRO. program accepts the txt file and the audio but when I go to the place lyrics screen the text does not show.
I tried reloading KHPRO but no results. KHPRO worked fine under Vista.
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Have you done the Custom Updates from Microsoft to see if there is anything there that needs to be updated?
Also what program are you using to set up your text file?
Old January 26th, 2010, 05:09 PM

KHPro 4 Help

All update for Windows 7 are current
I use note pad for text
Old January 26th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrican View Post
All update for Windows 7 are current
I use note pad for text
According to the manual, you should use Word or Wordpad rather than Notepad. Notepad tends to add coding in the TXT file that is not recognized by KHPro.
Read through the section on "Lyrics Preparation Guide again and make sure you are doing it correctly.
This is a list of things to set up Vista and Windows 7 for Hoster, but I found it definitely applies to Microstudio and may help with KHPro also, so check it and see if something like turning off the UAC would help. Here is the link: http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/v...de-hoster4.htm
Old July 19th, 2010, 11:55 AM

Re: KHPRO Text not showing Windows 7

I have tried the tips mentioned and turning off UAC, but I cannot get KHPro to display the lyrics on Windows 7. As I have Windows 7 Professional, I set it to Win XP mode for the program and still no lyrics. If I load the KHPro demo on my old XP machine it works fine.
Is there a fix for the Win 7 display problem, or do I have to de-register this copy and move KHPro over to my XP machine?

Any other ideas here would be appreciated.

Last edited by joelheck; July 19th, 2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old July 19th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Might sound a silly answer but is text the same colour as the background ?

Roy.
Old July 19th, 2010, 08:31 PM

Thanks, I appreciate any answers, unfortunately that didn't work, I tried a few color choices. Even an "Intro Title" does not display. While placing lyrics, there is nothing with going through the motions of tapping the space bar. On play back, just one blue swipe to black and no lyrics. I have 3 gigs of memory, an Nvidia video PCI express, with 512mb, Win 7 Pro, latest drivers. Tried 16 bit, 32 bit color, no Aero theme, UAC off and set Run as Admin, with XP SP3 compatibility.
Old August 11th, 2010, 01:58 AM

I finally found this under the KHPRO Faq section:

"Lyrics are Black or do not sweep - NVIDIA Only"
This has you roll back your Nvidia driver to an older one that works with KHPRO. Now it displays the text for placement.
I just hope the older Nvidia driver does not affect something else.
Old August 11th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator

This has not only been the case for KHPro but for Hoster and Microstudio as well. It appears the last set of firmware/drivers for Nvidia had major problems with a lot of programs.
Old October 30th, 2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
This has not only been the case for KHPro but for Hoster and Microstudio as well. It appears the last set of firmware/drivers for Nvidia had major problems with a lot of programs.
This is not true. I too had this problem with my NIVDIA GEForce 8800 GTX and purchased and installed KHP version 5.00 to try to get the program to work in Windows 7 x64. It does not fix the problem. None of us can "roll back driver" if the driver we have installed is the only one we ever installed on our OS. The oldest driver available for the NVIDIA cards on their website is dated July 21, 2009. When I installed that driver, the problem was not solved. I have a dual-boot system and the program does not work under XP Pro SP3 with the original driver that came with the card (this driver does not work under Win 7 since it is not a 64-bit driver).

Using the cop-out that the NVIDIA drivers are somehow "bad" as stated in the help topic referenced above is an excuse for not wanting to deal with advanced graphics cards (I must have a CUDA-capable card for other software to run effectively). I have at least 50 programs installed on this PC and NONE of them have ever had any problem with the NVIDIA card. Now I apparently stuck with a $25 upgrade that won't function under any circumstances on this PC.

If someone has an _effective_ solution for this problem I would like to know what it is. And while I am at it, what is the "older NVIDIA driver" referenced in the help topic? it isn't the driver that is on the CD that came with the card (which doesn't work in Win 7 x64 anyway). Name of the installation file, please, or driver name and version so I can possibly find it online.

Also where is the "disable UAC" topic in the help section? I can't find it. I am guessing this is irrelevant to the NVIDIA driver issue since it is not necessary to disable anything to uninstall or install display adapter drivers in Win 7.
Old October 30th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Are you experiencing the same problem as joelhek who started this post as he solved his problem with the driver issue or is your problem a different one ? If your problem is different to the above then give us proper details as to what it is.

As to the disable UAC. This is one path to it, Start/Control panel/User Accounts/ from the open window select change user account control settings, select the slider and select never notify then OK. You may get warnings after this but ignore.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:22 PM

As I said in my post, yes it is the same problem, and no driver that is on NVIDIA's website fixes the issue. That's why I asked which driver specifically works with KHP.
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry I can't help you with this as I don't have nvidea graphic card. Hopefully someone else may answer your question. Try sending joelheck a private message, he may be able to help.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old October 30th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orerockon View Post
As I said in my post, yes it is the same problem, and no driver that is on NVIDIA's website fixes the issue. That's why I asked which driver specifically works with KHP.
Submit a Support Ticket from the main MTU web page. They may be able to help you. Just because this fix didn't work for you does not mean it doesn't work for others. With all the computer and set-up variations available what works for one may not work for another.
There is a brand new driver listed for that card as of 10/25/2010. You might want to try that one. They may have fixed their problem with this one. No guarantees but it is worth a try. Neither of the previous 2 users mentioned whether they were using 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7, so no way to know if what they found worked will work for you.
Have you tried any of the other ones listed between July 2009 and current? It may not be the oldest that works. It may be one of the others and will require you to test them as well. This problem only popped up this year and MTU did quite a bit of research and trial to figure out that the current driver at the time had a flaw in it.
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Submit a Support Ticket from the main MTU web page. They may be able to help you. Just because this fix didn't work for you does not mean it doesn't work for others. With all the computer and set-up variations available what works for one may not work for another.
There is a brand new driver listed for that card as of 10/25/2010. You might want to try that one. They may have fixed their problem with this one. No guarantees but it is worth a try. Neither of the previous 2 users mentioned whether they were using 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7, so no way to know if what they found worked will work for you.
Have you tried any of the other ones listed between July 2009 and current? It may not be the oldest that works. It may be one of the others and will require you to test them as well. This problem only popped up this year and MTU did quite a bit of research and trial to figure out that the current driver at the time had a flaw in it.
I tried the most recent and oldest versions of the driver on NVIDIA's website. I really don't have the time to try them all (there are many). I will try the support people, thanks.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 12:47 PM

Not sure if you've solved this issue. But you might make sure the lyrics are not too big for the window. Had this same thing happen to me a few years ago. Had to reduce and pull them over. I try not to import from word pad now. Nothing but headaches. Only takes a minute to type the words in as slow and bad as i type.
Old November 13th, 2010, 05:01 PM

Nothing displays, it is not a problem with the lyrics. I am considering a faster GTX 480 card but I am reluctant to purchase it given the problems that MTU has with these cards.
Old November 13th, 2010, 09:57 PM

i dudno....i have a 6 year old bare bones250 gb old pasario compaq workhorse in my studio that works on any and all programs mtu has put out..all versions all software updates...and that thing refuses to die....lol sorry you're having problems. Wish i knew enough about computers to hep ya. Thank god mtu makes great steady running software that's easy to use for computer dummies like me. You might oughten summit a trouble ticket like dale suggested. Best of luck on your situation. Respectfully Yours, George
Old June 18th, 2011, 06:02 AM

Hi - I've just reinstalled KHPro on my current computer which uses Windows 7 Ultimate & my lyrics do not show up in Place Lyrics. I believe they flash on the screen for a split second at the very start, & then I just have a blank screen while the music plays. My drivers for my GTX560 are all up to date.

I intend to submit a ticket as suggested in this thread, but wanted to mention that I am able to place lyrics even though I can't see them. I was working on a song I already know quite well, & had typed out the lyrics myself in the Edit Lyrics window. In Place Lyrics, once the music started, for the hell of it I just tapped out the lyrics anyway while staring at a blank screen.

When I Play Finaled, the lyrics showed up & highlighted perfectly.

Just thought I would mention this detail in case it helps to isolate where the problem is.
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orerockon View Post
This is not true. I too had this problem with my NIVDIA GEForce 8800 GTX and purchased and installed KHP version 5.00 to try to get the program to work in Windows 7 x64. It does not fix the problem. None of us can "roll back driver" if the driver we have installed is the only one we ever installed on our OS. The oldest driver available for the NVIDIA cards on their website is dated July 21, 2009. When I installed that driver, the problem was not solved. I have a dual-boot system and the program does not work under XP Pro SP3 with the original driver that came with the card (this driver does not work under Win 7 since it is not a 64-bit driver).

Using the cop-out that the NVIDIA drivers are somehow "bad" as stated in the help topic referenced above is an excuse for not wanting to deal with advanced graphics cards (I must have a CUDA-capable card for other software to run effectively). I have at least 50 programs installed on this PC and NONE of them have ever had any problem with the NVIDIA card. Now I apparently stuck with a $25 upgrade (after clicking on the "$10 upgrade" button in the MTU store, then at checkout the price mysteriously changes to $25) that won't function under any circumstances on this PC.

If someone has an _effective_ solution for this problem I would like to know what it is. And while I am at it, what is the "older NVIDIA driver" referenced in the help topic? it isn't the driver that is on the CD that came with the card (which doesn't work in Win 7 x64 anyway). Name of the installation file, please, or driver name and version so I can possibly find it online.

Also where is the "disable UAC" topic in the help section? I can't find it. I am guessing this is irrelevant to the NVIDIA driver issue since it is not necessary to disable anything to uninstall or install display adapter drivers in Win 7.
When a new problem appears, we look at it ASAP. NVidia has been a thorn in our side FOREVER... not just the latest cards.

Tags
khpro, text, windows7