MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old January 31st, 2005, 02:32 AM

Plextor 712A, memorex meda, rsq mv333 bad graphics

I have 2 Plextors, one internal and one external. The problem I am having is bad graphics. Tried the media on a friends Voco Pro and they worked fine. But playing them on my RSQ is a different story. The first one or two songs are okay, but they get bad after that when it reaches number 10, it really is hard to read the words. My external 712A is brand new. Any advice on this one. Thanks.
Old January 31st, 2005, 12:00 PM

Re: Plextor 712A, memorex meda, rsq mv333 bad graphics

Call the company who makes the RSQ player and see what type of media they recommend.

I would never use Memorex media for Karaoke, as the graphics will break up on this media, at least from my experiences.
Old February 1st, 2005, 03:16 AM

Thanks for the info. I can't find out Who to get in touch with, so I went and bought some Sony and Maxell. The Maxell did better, but still when it gets past number 10 on the disc, I start seeing fragments left behind. The Sony did okay but started seeing fragments after number 5. Can still read the words with the Maxell, but it sure would be nice to have a clear picture. If it gets better, will let ya know. Thanks Again for Helping. This sight is AWESOME!!
Old February 1st, 2005, 09:40 AM

You might try slowing the Speed down to 4x for Write. You do this under the Tools Menu\Speed Selection. Uncheck Auto, and then set the Writing Speed to 4x, and see how this works.

Some players have to have Specific discs to correctly play a copied disc, this all depends on the Manufacturer.

Also does this player work fine with the Original Discs? If not, then try cleaning the Player with some compressed air.
Old February 1st, 2005, 12:32 PM

Here is a site for Media on the Plextor Drives: http://www.plextor.be/technicalservi...p?choice=SuppoAlso, Yep, it Plays Regular Karaoke Disc just fine.
Will try some of the recommended Disc and get back to you in a couple of days. Thanks for all the help.
P Stephen
Old February 2nd, 2005, 02:01 AM
Frequent Member

if your RSQ is a triple tray it is by JVC. i have 8 or 9 of them, love them, as stated use commpressed air and i also use a cleaning disc, i have had to have laser alined in a couple of them. when they get old if it is out by a hair it will not play copys very well. Bob

When you switch to hoster all those troubles go away.
Old February 28th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Administrator

RSQ is a manufacturer out of Korea.

MTU Silver Media is the ideal for CDG work. We have never found better, which is the ONLY reason we sell it.
Old April 30th, 2005, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcox
if your RSQ is a triple tray it is by JVC. i have 8 or 9 of them, love them, as stated use commpressed air and i also use a cleaning disc, i have had to have laser alined in a couple of them. when they get old if it is out by a hair it will not play copys very well. Bob

When you switch to hoster all those troubles go away.
Thanks for all the help. I never solved the problem, so I have Hoster coming next week.
Old May 1st, 2005, 10:24 PM
VIP

I have an older JVC 3 tray as well and it hates burnt disks. It's starting to get to the point where it does'nt like any kind of well worn disks. If I didn't have Hoster I'd have gotten rid of it a long time ago.

Sam
Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:13 PM

I have found that most of the cdrw's I have owned whether for karaoke or just music didnt do well with the Memorex brand. I cant tell you why, but now I use Sony or others and have not had the problems you mentioned in your post.