MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old April 6th, 2001, 09:29 PM

Question

I AM HAVING A MAJOR PROBLEM RECORDING CDG'S. I GO THROUGH THE READING OK BUT THE WRITING GOES THROUGH ABOUT 1 TO 3 %
AND THEN EJECTS THE DISC AND SAYS "RECORDING NOT SUCCESSFUL
I DID RECORD ONE CDG USING THE MITSUI MEDIA YOU SENT ME. HOWEVER USING VERBATIM AND MEMOREX I KEEP GETTING NEGATIVE RESULTS. HOWEVER I DO NOT HAVE ANY MORE MITSUI CDR'S TO CHECK THIS MEDIA ISSUE...
THE MITSUI MEDIA DID NOT WORK UNTIL I ADDED THE DMA. IT WORK FOR ONE DISC.. DO I HAVE TO USE MITSUI AS MY MEDIA?
I HAVE THE MICROSTUDIO VERSION 2.2. MY COMPUTER IS: 56K,
1200MHZ,30G,USING A IDE CD RECORDER 1610 THAT I BOUGHT THRU YOUR COMPANY. CAN YOU HELP?
Old April 6th, 2001, 10:17 PM

Lightbulb try a slower speed

If you are trying to record at 16X that may be your problem.
I have only been able to record with microstudio at 10X.
Try selecting speeds at a slower rate, 12x....on down and check the graphics to see if you have artifacts on the recorded cdg. Make sure you don't have auto select for the speed of your drive. Hope that's of some help. I have a Thread on this same page and it relates to higher than 10X recording speed. Good Luck!
Old April 7th, 2001, 06:15 AM

RECORDING WITH SLOWER SPEEDS

THANKS DAVE FOR THE INFO. I HAVE ALREADY THOUGHT OF THAT ROUT AFTER READING YOUR EARLIER THREAD ON THE SUBJECT. IT STILL DOES THE SAME THING "RECORDING NOT SUCCESSFUL". I'M STILL STUMPED....WHEN IT RECORDED ON THE MITSUI MEDIA IT RECORDED AT 16X NO PROBLEM. BUT WILL NOT DO SO NOW ON THE DIFFERENT MEDIA'S.
DEANO...
Old April 8th, 2001, 09:10 PM

DEANO DUDE, IF YOU CAN GET SOME KODAK DISC,THA WORK FINE!!
12X IS GOOD, 7MINS IN HD& 7MINS RECORD DONE !! THE BOX,GOOD LUCK THE BUGS ARE EASY

[Edited by EBOX143 on 04-08-2001 at 09:20 PM]
Old April 28th, 2001, 02:24 PM

Hey Deano,
You probably have already solved your problem, but just in case you haven't: I've burned alot of CDG's using Imation CDR 1x-16x, 80 min. with excellent results. I tried another brand just to see, called Delta, cause I got a 50 pack for $15.00. Turned out fine but there's a mild hiss in the background, but I had my system cranked. The point is, you don't have to only use Mitsui for a successful burn. I've got the same setup you've got and my PC is only 2 mos. old w/30GB. Shouldn't be running low on space, right? Defragged 6 days ago. So what happened that I'm burning right along starting on the 4th CDG and my MTU V2.2 starts having "unsuccessful record", time after time. The CDG's are in good shape and the same brand name, so that wasn't the problem. So I read the MTU manual troubleshooting section. I ran Scandisk, Disk clean, and defragged again. I'm back to burning successfully again. I was not running low on space, I've only used 7.2GB, but the CDG files are an average of 644MB, so maybe after a few of those it's just got the drive fragmented enough to cause problems. I'm still not convinced that's the deal. I DO burn with AUTO SELECT on the speed and it burns at 12x. 8 Min read, 5 Min burn, flawless. Of course when I started having trouble, that's the first thing I changed, with no success. So now I'm back to using AUTO SELECT speed, with no problems. By the way I have a Plex 12/10/32A, and have burned fine with & without DMA. Hope all is well.
Country Girl
Old April 28th, 2001, 02:34 PM

Hey Deano,
You probably have already solved your problem, but just in case you haven't: I've burned alot of CDG's using Imation CDR 1x-16x, 80 min. with excellent results. I tried another brand just to see, called Delta, cause I got a 50 pack for $15.00. Turned out fine but there's a mild hiss in the background, but I had my system cranked. The point is, you don't have to only use Mitsui for a successful burn. I've got the same setup you've got and my PC is only 2 mos. old w/30GB. Shouldn't be running low on space, right? Defragged 6 days ago. So what happened that I'm burning right along starting on the 4th CDG and my MTU V2.2 starts having "unsuccessful record", time after time. The CDG's are in good shape and the same brand name, so that wasn't the problem. So I read the MTU manual troubleshooting section. I ran Scandisk, Disk clean, and defragged again. I'm back to burning successfully again. I was not running low on space, I've only used 7.2GB, but the CDG files are an average of 644MB, so maybe after a few of those it's just got the drive fragmented enough to cause problems. I'm still not convinced that's the deal. I DO burn with AUTO SELECT on the speed and it burns at 12x. 8 Min read, 5 Min burn, flawless. Of course when I started having trouble, that's the first thing I changed, with no success. So now I'm back to using AUTO SELECT speed, with no problems. By the way I have a Plex 12/10/32A, and have burned fine with & without DMA. Contrary to what the manual says, an unsuccessful burn DOES turn your blank into a coaster!
Country Girl
Old April 29th, 2001, 01:35 AM

Wink

DEAR,KJ`S THIS IS "EBOX" ALSO DJ/KENNY B! MY FRIST TIME DOING
CD-G WORKS IF YOU FOLLOW SETUP.I JUST GOT HOME FROM A SWEET-16 WITH KARAOKE. YOU TWO-DEANO & COUNTRY GIRL HAVE GOT TO FOLLOW SETUP!!! 176 BURNED-6 REJACS KODAK CD-R ULTIMA 80 IS
THE DISC-12X-CERT.SILVER+GOLD WITH INFOGUARD PROTECTION
I`M HAVE A eMACHINES 500P3 15GIG-16/10/40A $275.00 cert. PLEXER IT COOKS
I HAD NO PROBLOMS-SO CK SETUP IT MEENS ALOT(GOOD LOCK)
CE-YA, DJ/KJ/KENNY B.

[Edited by EBOX143 on 04-29-2001 at 08:08 PM]