MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old April 8th, 2010, 10:42 AM

I Finally Downsized My Gear

I finally got rid of that big heavy odyssey 10/16 dj rack i have been lugging around. I got rid of a couple piece's of gear i didn't really need and now everything fits into just an 8 space gator, a mixer vault, and i put the power amp into a 2 space gator. I bought ATA mic cases for all my wireless BETA 58's, and covers for my recievers. We figured it will now take an extra trip or two out to the trailer..but darn well worth it. I've decided i'm just gettin' to old to be liftin all that stuff.

Last edited by Musicman51; March 1st, 2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old April 8th, 2010, 03:30 PM

Re: I Finally Downsized My Gear

i have the same aural exciter, this makes it sound like you have a sub woofer.
Old April 8th, 2010, 03:55 PM

sorry about the 2nd post, since we're talking about downsizing gears, i am in the process of updating and downsizing at the same time, like i said i just got 2 Mackie SRM 350v( powered ) speakers good for 76-200 people,( which i used last Sat. and Tue. ) and it's loud when used with the Mackie Profx8 board and using the usb plug, i'll be getting the Profx12 soon with my seldom use Mackie 1521z powered speakers ( for big venues ), i still have my SRM 450's for medium size venues, my krk studio monitors( (2) 6" & (2) 8" w/10"sub ) is what i used for private house parties.
Old April 8th, 2010, 07:36 PM

Yeah i know what you mean billy. I love those aphex exciters. Built better then the BBE's to. They also make a nice quad four channel gate that i use in my home studio. I also use an old Furman Punch 10 bass processor in my karaoke rack. So much smoother then a crossover, this thing can go 3 octave's below signal. Easier on your sub's to, with a built in compressor and limiter, so you don't damage your speakers on those crazy nights.
Old April 8th, 2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
Yeah i know what you mean billy. I love those aphex exciters. Built better then the BBE's to. They also make a nice quad four channel gate that i use in my home studio. I also use an old Furman Punch 10 bass processor in my karaoke rack. So much smoother then a crossover, this thing can go 3 octave's below signal. Easier on your sub's to, with a built in compressor and limiter, so you don't damage your speakers on those crazy nights.
i sold most of my gears, and all the sound processors, the only gears i have left are the aphex aural exciter,which i use, a DOD 2 channel ( 15 band per channel ) eq. and a DBX 266 dual gate compressor, ( collecting dust in my garage). if you go to a music store, listen to the KRK studio 6" or 8" studio monitors with a 10" subs, these monitors will beat any monitors/ or sub standard PA system thats out there, the sound is very clear, you'll hear all the inst. playing, and it's loud i use the 6" w/ the 10" sub. in my home studio,it rattles my garage door, my son told me that you can hear it a mile away, and i use the 8" w/ the 10" sub.in private house parties and in my sunday country club pool/main dining room gigs.

Last edited by billyo; April 8th, 2010 at 09:00 PM.