MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 4th, 2007, 10:36 AM

Question no wav or mp3 paired file found

I have recently been unable to play new (made today) or old khp files that i have made due to the above error message, however i can still import these into hoster without problems?

Any suggestions
Old March 1st, 2007, 10:42 AM

Please can someone offer me some friendly advise, I still have this problem!
Old April 1st, 2007, 09:13 AM

Unhappy

How can i make my khp made files into proper valid files again
Old April 1st, 2007, 09:04 PM
Administrator

1. What version of KHPro are you using?

2. KHPro has nothing to do with MP3 files. KHPro only opens .wav files to add lyrics to, so I don't understand your problem at all. The Thread title is not relevant to KHPro.

3. KHPro can export a BIN file, which can be used by almost any program out there, including Hoster's Import Hard Drive Files screen.

How else can we help you?
Old April 3rd, 2007, 05:35 AM

I'm not sure what is going on here the version of khp that I am using is 3.100, I export to cdg which used to be fine and I could copy/ convert/ play/ burn etc but now these cdg files are missing of mp3/wav files as are all the new cdg files that I make up using khp, all my other cdg files (not khp made) stored on the computer are working fine. I have tried these khp files on other computers but have the same error message displayed. I also have problems upgrading as none my computers have a floppy drive and my computer with the programs on have does not have a modem. I have made requests to have my khp and microstudio programs added to my account history to be able to easily access download links as they are missing off but have had no luck with my requests.
I'm not techanical but could the codec used in these files have somehow been corrupted? Also how is Hoster still able to read them and none of my other programs can, when I try to play my khp made files after converting to cd+g they show up as a little over 1min long (excluding in Hoster) where they should be between 3-4mins long and as I have said I get a message saying they are missing of mp3/wav files (again excluding in Hoster).
Please advise me, I now have a little over 20 khp made files that are useless outside Hoster.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Kate, first, you should order the upgrade KHPro. You can read about the differences here: http://www.mtu.com/support/karaoke-h...on-details.htm

Second, the CDG files KHPro 3.100 creates have the audio and lyrics embedded, just like a CDG track imported to your hard drive will have. You can rename your .cdg filename extensions to .bin and other software will recognize your "BIN" files. The audio is in WAV (uncompressed) format, so it is the highest quality possible.

Hoster imports the "MTU style" CDG file, and so does Microstudio, which is why these programs have no problem with these CDG files.

KHPro 4.106 allows installing with a Memory Stick in addition to or instead of a Floppy Disc to allow registering it on another computer using the Memory Stick (aka USB Flash Drive). It also allows exporting your created songs as .BIN format files, no longer the .CDG format that others around the world changed the format definition. We used the .CDG format since 1996, and then others "took" it over, and made it mean "Lyrics Only", which is why you are looking for the matching MP3 audio file to go with it.

Rename your .cdg files from KHPro to .bin and you'll be good to go.