MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old March 27th, 2010, 02:36 AM
VIP

Re: Wireless video receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIKKI TIKKI View Post
, because the nights have been a little too cold for anyone to sit outside, other than the Karaoke haters...lol
hmmm, whattya mean by this?

Old March 27th, 2010, 12:35 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
hmmm, whattya mean by this?
You mean to say that all the clientele that come to your gigs love Karaoke?

I have some pool players that tolerate the singers because the bar has some great tables, or the customers that just don't like Karaoke, but like the cocktail waitress, or bartender, or servers in general, but bad mouth the singers and will be sitting outside on the patio when it 50 degrees just to drive that point accross.

I wish I could say that everybody likes Karaoke as much as my regulars, but that, as we all know will never happen.

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:54 PM

i had someone like that came to my show last week,( bad mouthing singers ) i was told that these 2 guys are in a band and they came to my show to see if they could get a Fri. gig, while someone was singing i saw one of these guys making a motion of putting his finger infront his mouth and sticking his tongue out,that kinda p..me off, so i kinda made an announcement and put him on the spot,i announced that " we have a special guest and that they are band people ,and i was told that he's a very good singer" ( to make him feel important )then the people started clapping, he kinda frowned at me, then i proceeded to put in journeys " faithfully" , he sang and when he was done no one, i mean no one clapped ,( this guy cant hold a tune , even if it's handed to him )" i then put one of my regular singer , a 19 yrs. old kid and put the same song in, needless to say the kid blew him away, then these guys stood up and walked away, i then kinda sarcastically invited them back, and he shoots me the "bird" thats when everybody started clapping and laughing
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:07 PM
VIP

I have some band guys and girls that come to my shows, and they know that they can practice some new material, or work on harmonies, or whatever. I used to manage a band in college and appreciate the hard work that it takes to be a good one, and keep everybody together, and learning new songs, and practicing, and being your own roadies.

My shows usually are in small places that couldn't support a band, or on a weeknight that most bands don't want, or bars can't afford. We get along well and the more established groups around here recommend me, and vice versa... now strictly DJ's are a different thing, and I have some friendly competition with some of the newer fly by nights... but mostly its not that cutthroat around here, as there are several large bar/clubs, as well as very few KJ's, DJ's, and decent Bands...

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:47 PM

i was in a band since i was 18 yrs. old ( decades ago) as a guitar player,played mostly in asia, had to quit due to band mates drug use, and bickering, mostly about how many songs our 2 lead singers can do, came back to United States in 1973 and started another band, played in tri-states, Philly, Jersey and Ny.( mostly stripped joints and some private gigs) same scenario, drugs and cold weather, moved to Fla.in 1980 to get away from those things,got married, and decided to go on my own as a dj and switched to kj this time just a hobby, but i never disrespected anybody even if they can't sing or can't play , caused i know how much time and money these people invested.the place i work now is kinda big it holds up about 160 people and has plenty of room for bands, but this place is not really set-up for bands, because of the athmosphere( did i spell that right )