MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 1st, 2004, 02:38 PM

Error Code: Invalid Cue Sheet

I am getting an error message when using the microstudio demo: "invalid cue sheet command at line 4. Previous file is not a multifple of the specified block size"

I am using XP and a Plexwriter Premium, TLA - 004.

Media is Verbatim Super AZO CD-R 80.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:21 AM
Administrator

Answer is in the Microstudio manual

Run Microstudio
Click Help menu
Click Read Manual command
Scroll down to the Table of Contents
In the last column, find Troubleshooting Tips
Under this find Cuesheet Rejected by the CD Recorder

Read this to understand your problem.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:30 PM

Error in cue sheet

All my cdg files are coming up with the "Error on Cue Sheet".

I have used CDRWIN to translate my CAVS .mcg files (unzipped into ATI and mcg files) to cdg files.

Could there be any problem there?

It looks like MTU only translate cdg's not bin files correct?

Using XP, Plexwriter premium.

Help!
Old May 4th, 2004, 10:48 AM

Steve,
Our software will not support these files.

Our software will only support .cdg files created from Microstudio. This is your problem. You will need another program that will write the format that you are trying to use.
Old May 4th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Additional details

In the Microstudio manual, find the Table of Contents, then the Troubleshooting Tips section, then the link to the Cue Sheet... problem to give you a bit more insight on the formats involved.

Many users have taken a CDRWIN .bin file that represents a single track, rename its extension to .cdg, and Microstudio will write these files to a CDR disc. Click here to read more on this subject.

I perceive the problem to be the following. A CAVS mcg zipped file contains two separate files. One is an MP3 encoded audio file, and the other is a file that contains the "RW codes" that draw the graphics/lyrics for Karaoke.

To use a mcg zipped file, you must have a program that will unzip it, convert the mp3 audio file to a .wav audio file, then take the RW code file and interleave the RW codes into the audio (.wav file) at the appropriate sectoring for the CD+Graphics format.

I believe that CAVS claims to have a $70 program that converts their .mcg files to .cdg files. However, the feedback we have heard so far is this is NOT so. The resulting .cdg file is NOT a correctly formatted CD+Graphics format file. It will not play in a Karaoke CDG player, and it will not be recognized by Microstudio as a true .cdg format file.

Currently, the only way we are aware of converting a CAVS .mcg file to a TRUE .cdg file is to take the audio .mp3 file, convert it to a .wav file (there are several non-MTU programs available that can do this), then take that audio file into MTU's Karaoke Home Producer software, type the lyrics in (unless you find a program to convert the RW codes to a .txt ASCII format file) and place the lyric words to the music.

In other words, I am not aware of a simple, easy way to convert a CAVS song to a true CD+Graphics format .cdg file.