MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 4th, 2004, 02:33 AM

Angry CD+G Problem - This is a GOODY!

I have a Yamaha 6416 works with all CD+G software.

I have acquired a great piece of software that will produce copies of my original CD+G discs (that by the way all play on the 6416) using a Sony 48x12x48 writing to a Yamaha CRW-F1s and vice versa.

When I run Microstudio version 2.315 and insert the original disc into the 6416 and click TOC REFRESH, the TOC appears.

When I use the copy nothing shows up. Yet when I put the copy into another machine that has a Plextor 32TS and use a program called CDGPLAY.EXE the disc plays normally.

And, the copy works fine in my PDV-10G Pioneer CDG deck, and my JVC CDG Triple tray deck.

What's up with Microstudio??

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

By the way, Yamaha stated to me that they do not support subcode reading in the CRW-F1s, yet the new software that I just received has NO TROUBLE READING SUBCODES.

The new software even reads and writes subcodes from Sony (40x12x40) & (48x12x48).

It's much better at copying CD+G, even better than Goldenhawk.

Thanks,
Wild Bill
Old May 4th, 2004, 10:49 AM

Wild Bill,
Make sure that you have updated all of your ASPI drivers. If you are running a Yamaha 6416, then the drive is most likely SCSI. You can update your ASPI drivers for your SCSI card from www.adaptec.com . I would make sure to get the latest drivers for this, which the version currently is 4.712.

This is the only thing that I can think of that would cause this. You can also try to change to a different ASPI driver that the program is using, by doing the following.

Open Microstudio
Click the Drives Menu, ASPI Drivers
Change this to the other option, that is not selected. Click Ok. Close Microstudio and then Reopen it and try again.
Old May 5th, 2004, 02:05 PM

wildbill,

When doing a back up of a cdg disk using another software I also had the same problem. Microstudio couldn't read the disk but it plays correctly on a home cdg player.

I don't know if we are talking about the same software but this software also allows me to use my old Yamaha 3200E with no broken graphic which confirms that it's all a question of driver more than hardware.

My old Micro 2.4 will not allow me to have a clean back up of a cdg and just won't read correctly the graphic with this old Yamaha drive.

By the way, I found out about this software in the MTU forum on a reply from admin!

I enjoy it for my DVD's more than my cdg's because I still enjoy using Microstudio.

Regards