MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old March 17th, 2012, 01:42 PM

Search Question

I just upgraded to 5.06 and I have two things I can't seem to figure out. First is there any way to turn off the Singer search and box feature so it just searches for songs. I can see the benefit in this if you do the same location over and over but here the local clubs have either dropped karaoke or gone to the guys who download the music off the internet and charge $100.00 a night. All I do anymore is private parties, weddings, concerts, etc.

Second, when I click on "show fields" the field boxes pop up over top covering the book id, title, artist, brand, etc. When I search for a song this is reversed and the fields are under the other bar. After that the only way to bring it back is to click on hide fields then show fields. Resizing the window makes no difference.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (62.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png Untitled1.png (52.0 KB, 16 views)
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Search Question

Afraid you can't just hide the singers list, apart from sizing it as small as possible and hiding it under the search dialog.
As to the other problem, what screen resolution are you using ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Thanks. The problem turned out not to be the resolution but the "Make it easier to read what's on your screen" feature in the display settings. It was set to medium. Changing it to small solved the problem. Of course now I can't read the **** thing but that's a middle age problem.

The singer thing would be doable if it wouldn't always try to prepopulate a singers name.
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Another idea for now with the singers screen if you really don't want to see it, drag it to either the very top or below the task bar so it is almost off screen. I should leave a small piece visable incase you ever wanted to drag it back at some time.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:35 PM

The problem really isn't the window as much as the prepopulation of the singers name. Since Karaoke is probably less than half of a show (the rest being DJ) every time I call up search for a DJ song it populates a singers name in and I have to manually clear it. If I do a Karaoke song and put a singers name it it will stay there for the next song be it DJ or Karaoke.
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Create a singers name, Some examples: Audio or hit the spacebar to create a space, then select any old song and press S+ button. That will create a singer with either Audio showing or a blank space in the song list.
Just remember to hit the spacebar once in the singers name field before adding an Audio or video to the playlist.
Old March 17th, 2012, 03:56 PM

Thanks. Will do.

An "singers off" option would be nice too. I just don't see the logic in having the last singers name always come up.
Old April 7th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMusicGeek View Post
Thanks. Will do.

An "singers off" option would be nice too. I just don't see the logic in having the last singers name always come up.
More users want this than don't.

What problem are you experiencing by the Singers dialog prepopulating the results window for the selected singer? Maybe there is another way we can address this.
Old April 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM

In my humble opinion I believe that a search should “search” and opening the singer’s database should be “opening the singer’s database”. These are two different actions or things and there should be two different buttons for these actions. You really need to put the two button system back to the way it was.

I do not see the savings in this action. When you want to search for a song for a singer you must first click on the singer and then enter the search so the singer and the song that is found are matched up. What is the difference from the old way where you searched for a song and then clicked on the drop-down to add the singer’s name? Well, maybe one less click (as in having to click on the singer's name before you click on the add button.

Other people are not having heartburn over having to delete the singer’s name field in the play list after adding the searched song with the wrong singer’s name? I can’t believe that most people are not annoyed by this action. My fellow KJ’s must be getting really thick skin or they are just plain tired of making requests about “enhancements” that they know MTU does not like to redo.
Old April 8th, 2012, 02:03 PM

I have to agree with tkelly3. The singer search is great if you do the same gig week after week with the same people but for weddings, company picnics etc, where you never have the same people twice it really serves no purpose. Why not have it seperate?

I can not see any benefit to having the singer name prepopulate with the last name entered. In my case, karaoke is only about 20% of a show. The rest is music and videos. If I put a singer in for a song then later someone asks for a music request, I have to remember to remove the last singers name. Even when karaoke was most of a show, singers rarely put in more than one song per rotation.
Old May 8th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Hoster 5.07 is released. Click here for the Upgrade/Download page.

The Search and Singers buttons from 5.05 were restored to address your complaints.