MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:51 PM

My old computer crashed. Do I upgrade or buy new programs?

I bought Karaoke Suite #4 several years ago. My old computer crashed due to a virus. I bought a new computer and can't re-install Karaoke Suite because I do not remember the registration number. My versions of Microstudio, Vogone, Karaoke Pro and Keyrite are very old anyway. I see it is much cheaper to upgrade from a prior version BUT since I do not have my old versions on my new computer, and can't get them off my old "crashed" computer I'm not sure if I can upgrade. It costs a lot more to buy the KPro Suite and I really don't have the money!
I tried using the Emergency Help Ticket and it wouldn't go thru because:
~~My registration email is no longer in effect
~~My installed program is not listed (KSuite4)
~~I don't remember my installed registration code
I'm not sure how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated!
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Re: My old computer crashed. Do I upgrade or buy new programs?

Have you tried going into your account : http://www.mtu.com/support/customer-...t.htm#RegCodes
Providing you know the email address you used at the time of creating it and know the password you used for the account you will find all your registration details there and can also change details if you have a new email account for getting mail back, but it won't change your original registration email.

If none of the above work for you try the ordinary help ticket not the emergency one here: http://www.mtu.com/support/customer-...htm#HelpTicket

I don't think you need any of your registration details using that one but of course you will need to give them something to identify you.

Other than that I think you would have to buy the new software.
And remember in future to keep printed copy of your details for safe keeping.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 17th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

To add to what Roy said, you can buy the upgrades rather than purchasing new. However you have to buy the upgrade for each of the programs instead of an upgrade for the Suite as there isn't one for that. Your registration codes in your account are one for each program and not one code for all of them.
Also you will need to submit a help ticket to get your registration numbers cleared from the old computer before you can install the upgrades on your new one.
Old April 17th, 2012, 08:05 PM

Thanks a lot Roy and Dale!
I did start an ordinary help ticket - didn't think of trying that!
For a few days it said "Not viewed", now today it says "Viewed". What exactly does that mean? When will they give me an answer because it sounds like I can upgrade each of the programs (they don't sell the Suite#4 together any longer). But they will need to clear my registration numbers from the old computer before I can install the upgrades on my new one. Will they email me or what?
Thanks again.
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
Thanks a lot Roy and Dale!
I did start an ordinary help ticket - didn't think of trying that!
For a few days it said "Not viewed", now today it says "Viewed". What exactly does that mean? When will they give me an answer because it sounds like I can upgrade each of the programs (they don't sell the Suite#4 together any longer). But they will need to clear my registration numbers from the old computer before I can install the upgrades on my new one. Will they email me or what?
Thanks again.
You should get an email answer. Did you get the ticket confirmation email? If so then all you need is to wait for them to email you telling you your reg codes have been cleared.
If you didn't see a confirmation email then you need to look in your spam folder for your email to make sure it didn't go there.
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM

I sent the ticket on April 15. I did get an email confirmation. For 2 days it said "Not Viewed" then it said "Viewed" now it says "Not Viewed". What the heck does that mean???
Old April 20th, 2012, 03:44 PM

I am very sorry to confuse you, but the reason this ticket stated Viewed was it was put into support, so I opened it, saw it and could not do anything for it. So then I put it back to not viewed and changed it over to sales, so they could answer you. Please give Lynne a call at 919-870-0344 option 2. She can help you with this issue.

Tags
computer crashed, how to upgrade