MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old March 21st, 2012, 06:11 AM
Honor Roll

New music unavailable?

Is it just me or has the selection of new karaoke songs been diminishing? It seems I can't seem to find many popular hits like I used to. Are they not being released by the singers/producers? Are the karaoke companies not making them? Any thoughts/ideas? Maybe I'll have to find new disc manufacturers to use. I normally use Top Hits Monthly (Pop and Country with the occasional Urban) Chartbusters, with the occasional Music Maestro and Sound Choice.

Lately I have been relying on SunFly as they seem to have the most new stuff... Any others I might be missing?
Old March 21st, 2012, 01:36 PM
VIP

Re: New music unavailable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipeoke View Post
Is it just me or has the selection of new karaoke songs been diminishing? It seems I can't seem to find many popular hits like I used to. Are they not being released by the singers/producers? Are the karaoke companies not making them? Any thoughts/ideas? Maybe I'll have to find new disc manufacturers to use. I normally use Top Hits Monthly (Pop and Country with the occasional Urban) Chartbusters, with the occasional Music Maestro and Sound Choice.

Lately I have been relying on SunFly as they seem to have the most new stuff... Any others I might be missing?
All star karaoke monthly

Old March 21st, 2012, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mr Entertainer, Monthly Hits. Zoom do about a 3 monthly hits.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 21st, 2012, 04:16 PM
VIP

Sound Choice hasn't produced anything new in a couple years, however rumour has it they do have some new stuff in the works, however it will probably be duplicates of what other already put out and not anything 'new', just new to their catalog i'm willing to bet.
Chartbuster has been releasing alot slower as well. They didn't have anything between Oct to Dec, Jan & Feb they released Pop & Country discs - however only with 8 songs each, down from the 12 they were doing.
Pop Hits Monthly is still releasing monthly - however their stuff seems to be more fluff just to make sure they have something out, not much of the way of major hits.
Sunfly is releasing monthly, however theirs is geared more toward the UK market and not alot of heavy US hits on those unless they get popular over there.
All Star karaoke seem to be doing the best as far as more radio friendly hits each month, but just not very many of them.
Many of the UK manus are producing new, but again more targeted toward UK hits, if US hits get popular over there, they will make them as well.
Karaoke-Version is actively making new music - new and old.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:52 PM

I've been buying mostly from karaoke Version lately.
Old March 25th, 2012, 01:14 PM

i dunno, i stopped purchasing new monthly's a couple of years ago now. If it's a really popular song out on the radio right now, and i get a lot of request for it, i will purchase and download the karaoke mp3 or mp4 music track, and tap in my owm lyrics with MTU khpro software. Most generally cost totals .99 cents a song. I gave up on trying to get anything out of chartbuster thats current. And as far as sound choice, i will purchase another disc from them when i'm dead. No sound choice disc allowed on premises, includes the parking lot.
Old April 7th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
i dunno, i stopped purchasing new monthly's a couple of years ago now. If it's a really popular song out on the radio right now, and i get a lot of request for it, i will purchase and download the karaoke mp3 or mp4 music track, and tap in my owm lyrics with MTU khpro software. Most generally cost totals .99 cents a song. I gave up on trying to get anything out of chartbuster thats current. And as far as sound choice, i will purchase another disc from them when i'm dead. No sound choice disc allowed on premises, includes the parking lot.
As Musicman51 points out, MTU tools allow taking an audio song, remove the vocals with Vogone, then add the lyrics with KHPro.

Now, absolute perfectionists should read no further... nor comment on what has been proven acceptable.

What Is Acceptable?

At a party with many people talking, you focus to hear one person at a time. We do it every day... never thinking about it.

People at a karaoke show focus to hear the Singers. They won't hear a low amplitude vocal reverberation in the music.

It's the way our brains are wired to receive aural communications.

You can use new songs even with a low reverb echo Vogone can't remove, or you can wait and hopefully find a Karaoke version of it one day.

But... if you ever find it, do you know FOR SURE if the Karaoke Producer has paid all their licenses to legally sell you songs? The largest producer for years didn't and look where they are today.

Here's the steps to follow:

1. Buy Karaoke Suite 4 with Vogone, KHPro, Keyrite and Microstudio, or Hoster Suite 4 with the 4 above plus Hoster.

2. Buy your own LEGAL Audio MP3 song.

3. Use Vogone to remove the vocal,

4. Use KHPro to add lyrics in sync, which YOU can do better in 15 minutes than most commercial producers.

5. Index your new MP3+G song in Hoster's Songs Database and play at your shows.

You can use it in your show tonight. It takes less than you think.

Next question?

PS: George, yes you can use KHPro to do what you emailed me about. Read our KHPro manual on different fonts. You'll be surprised.

But, our next generation will be far superior than what you can now produce and play. Email me if you feel you might have time to only beta test the new KHPro to insure your needs are met in our design.