MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old May 21st, 2004, 08:41 PM

file convertor

How I can convert CDA files to Wav files
Old May 22nd, 2004, 12:13 AM

Microstudio Import

I'm not sure exactly what cda files are. The computer says that the tracks associated with an audio cd are cda files. These don't "convert" to wave files.

However, if you have Microstudio, you use the Import Tracks function for your audio cds. Gotta go. Hope this helps. If you have more questions, give a holler.
Old May 22nd, 2004, 05:24 PM

CDA to WAV

CDA stands for Compact Disk Audio. It’s the extension used by all tracks on a music CD, including those CD+Gs burned using MicroStudio.

There are many CDA to WAV converters. MTU’s MicroStudio is an excellent choice.

Regards,

Jon
Old May 23rd, 2004, 02:12 AM

cda file doesn't convert to wave

I think that saying that these files are converted is a misnomer. As the computer "lists" these cda files, they have about 1kb to them. There is nothing there to convert. The wave files come from the cd itself, not from the cda files.

Microstudio uses the terms "Import". That kind of infers to change the location of the file without really changing its makeup. I like the term "Extract". The terms "Rip" and "Encode" are very popular with the programs that can produce Wave files from Audio (and CDG-Audio) cd's.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 09:52 AM

The .cda extension is like the Table of Contents. It acts like a shortcut on your desktop. When you click on this, in a computer, it then directs the player to the Audio which is further into the disc.

This is the best way that I can think of to explain this, so this file does know where and tells the program where the audio for that track lies on the CD.