MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old March 25th, 2004, 06:30 AM

Post toshiba writer with microstudio

i'm thinking of purchashing microstudio 2.5, but am unsure of whether my toshiba dvd-rom sd-r5002 1s30 writer will copy and play the cdg format.

the 'detect drives' utility on the demo version says 'yes' for karaoke and audio & there is no mention of toshiba drives in any of the lists of cd burners that won't work microstudio.

however all of the feedback in the forums suggest only plextor drives will work with microstudio.

please advise

thanks in advance

phil
Old March 25th, 2004, 10:20 AM

Exclamation Sorry it won't

This drive might be able to handle the cdg format at least reading (extracting) but it will not work with Microstudio or Hoster only because the driver MTU uses only detects the Plextor brand (for now).

This brand is by the way the only real cdg capable drive so this might explain why the driver detects only this brand.

regards
Old March 27th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Frequent Member

Re: Sorry it won't

Quote:
Originally posted by mlepine
This drive might be able to handle the cdg format at least reading (extracting) but it will not work with Microstudio or Hoster only because the driver MTU uses only detects the Plextor brand (for now).

This brand is by the way the only real cdg capable drive so this might explain why the driver detects only this brand.

regards
are you sure mlepine? as I have an hp burner and the latest version of microstudio and it works perfectly for me. The day it stops working is th day I look elsewhere for a program that will work with my writer- will keep microstudio and go the extra step of converting the file to be played by microstudio so I can see how the copy came in. But as I am going the digital route I only need the import anyway and have a program that will work for me.
Old March 29th, 2004, 10:27 PM

Question HP

Danny_g

are you saying that Microstudio will extract the cdg using your HP or you extract with another software than play it with Micro?

I was under the impression that the latest Micro will only work with Plextor?

Thanks

Last edited by mlepine; March 29th, 2004 at 10:35 PM.
Old March 30th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Frequent Member

Re: HP

Quote:
Originally posted by mlepine
Danny_g

are you saying that Microstudio will extract the cdg using your HP or you extract with another software than play it with Micro?

I was under the impression that the latest Micro will only work with Plextor?

Thanks
does both. I don't use their aspi though I use the aspi already on my machine. I don't have 2.518 yet. Only 2.517
Old March 30th, 2004, 05:19 PM

As far as we know, the older Hp drives wouldn't show Yes for Karaoke under anything after Microstudio 2.508.

What drive do you have Danny_G?
Old March 31st, 2004, 02:00 PM
Frequent Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MTUSUPPORT
As far as we know, the older Hp drives wouldn't show Yes for Karaoke under anything after Microstudio 2.508.

What drive do you have Danny_G?
I use the HP8210 usb writer .
I bought it to replace my HP8100i when I though it was gonna stop working for me. I saw the model in another company's spec sheet for an importing convertion tool before Hoster was out. Found it at a pawn shop and bought it cheap. I was pleasently surprised when it worked with microstudio also.

Last edited by danny_g; March 31st, 2004 at 02:09 PM.
Old April 15th, 2004, 09:38 AM

Cool

I use a Sony 160E on my desktop computer with Microstudio and it reads and writes CDG's. On my show computer I use a Plextor. This is an older Sony but it still works good. Seems like I get better copies with the Plextor.

Shuttle X ComputersWindows XP Pro. SP3 AMD 1.8 gig Processor1 gig Memory
Video NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 32 meg

Dell Laptop 1525
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1
4 Gig Mem. Vista Basic