MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 9th, 2001, 07:30 PM

Question Vogone results

Most professionally produced karaoke media have the option of having the vocals on or off with the flick of a switch. Does Vogone have this feature?
Old July 9th, 2001, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Question No...

What you are thinking of is an entirely different product that produces CDG songs. Vogone is a simple program that takes an audio file and removes the center panned sounds.

To do what you want takes an audio workstation that can process the left and right channels separately. Usually the vocal track is added to one (Right I believe, but I may be wrong). Then, some players allow playing Left only (no vocals) Right only (vocals) bridged left to both left and right (sounds like stereo but it is left channel vocal-less only), or mix left and right.

Our Karaoke Pro workstation can prepare the audio tracks like this, if you have the master vocal track separate to mix into one channel. The professional karaoke companies using our Karaoke Pro can do this as they record the music and vocals separately.
Old July 10th, 2001, 02:03 PM

Thanks for your response. So to clarify, with the existing home products, I can only create karaoke songs of a single performer with the vocals taken out entirely. Is this a correct statement?
Old July 10th, 2001, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Unhappy Your question is highly suspicious...

I have never in 31 years had this type of question asked of me. Forgive me if I misinterpret your meaning. It sounds very legal and very much like it is from a competitor, not an interested user.

I believe I made a clear statement answering your first question. If you go back and read it carefully you will see that I stated all center panned "sounds" will be removed. This does not limit to a single singer. It can be a whole group if they each had monaural microphones and the mix engineer panned them to the center position in the stereo sound field.

The majority of my answer was for your question about creating a CDG song.

As to our home products, the range of capabilities FAR exceeds as you say "I can only create karaoke songs of a single performer with the vocals taken out entirely." If you have a more specific question, I will be willing to answer you.

Also, for the record, no known vocal eliminator will take out the vocals entirely. The reverb echoes are invariably left in as they are phase shifted and will not cancel each other. If you really want to work at it, our DNoise software might do a better job of removing the frequency spectrum of the voice, if you can obtain a clear template of just the voice.

Which MTU products do you have?
Old July 10th, 2001, 05:14 PM

My apoligies if I insulted you. That isn't what I meant at all. Basically I'm new to the kararoke seen and have bought many karaoke discs only to be disappointed by the quality of it. I was just wondering what my options were to increase the quality.

As far as referring to the single vocal, I was reffering to the difference betweent the Home version and the professional version. I got this information off of the forum also.

I currently don't own any MTU products yet, but was trying to determine what I was getting first. My summary might have been to vague and therefore you misinterpreted my intentions.

Thanks for your time and the info. I appreciated it.
Old July 10th, 2001, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Cool Thank you for your explanation

It did not register that you were speaking about our Karaoke Home Producer product. This does only produce SOLO songs at present. Our Karaoke Pro system is capable of DUETS and that will filter down to our home product.

Our Vogone 2.x is a significant upgrade from Vogone 1.0. One of our beta testers (MikeP from Australia) gave this report:

---------------------------
Comparisons
I have compared the results I was able to achieve with the [US$,1600] Thompson VE-3, three other programs and both versions of Vogone, plus the "live" vocal elimination function on my Sony DVD player and JVC Karaoke machine. It's probably fair to say that none of them will totally eliminate a centre-panned lead vocal without severely affecting the overall sound, however it is possible to achieve "useful" results - depends on what u are trying to achieve. Certainly I can produce a result that is quite acceptable for home use - I can't imagine using them for any sort of professional use and I believe that would raise the touchy subject of copyright.

To elaborate on the results of all my comparisons would be too long and not that relevant. Suffice to say that your [Vogone 2.002] program is very simple and user-friendly compared with some of the methods & programs I have used.

I have achieved better results with another product but had to chop the sound track up into 20+ bits (seperating those parts of the song that did not have any vocals & therefore did not require any vocal elimination filtering from the parts that did require this filter). This sort of activity can take hours/days/weeks and the result then requires further processing to "smooth out" the different bits of the song!

Conclusion
Vogone 2 can produce very good results very quickly on centre panned (the usual) stereo tracks which have originally been recorded in a (recording) studio. When one considers all the facts (including how much it would cost to produce a "band track" in a recording studio with the original artists exact arrangement/accompaniment), I think the results are truly quite amazing. The most difficult thing to retain is the bass & drums (because they are always panned to the centre the same as the lead vocal). Vogone 2 manages to do this as well as anything else - perhaps better.
---------------------------

Since we do make a professional mastering system ($12,200 with computer), the output from our Karaoke Home Producer is professional grade. IOn point of fact, the identical code is used in both products.

We are doing a major upgrade right now to Version 2.0 that expands the flexibility of KHProducer. I expect to release the next (final?) beta release tomorrow morning. Thus, we "think" we are close to final release of KHProducer V2.00x.

If you read in the Karaoke Home Producer Testimonial Forum at: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/forumdi...?s=&forumid=28 you can see what users say about the quality of our output.

Thanks for taking the time to register and ask your questions. Now that I understand your intent better, I do apologize for my terse response. I'm not usually so touchy, but then again you have been taken by others and I understand your position also.

We have a money back policy if you don't like our products so you have no risk to try them.

David Cox
President