MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microsound Workstation Open Forum

Microsound Workstation Open Forum General postings about Microsound workstations.

Old October 24th, 2005, 05:33 PM

Moving an old Rev-J board to a new computer!

I am moving an old Rev-J board and its sync card to a newer computer with ISA slots because the old 486 is just too slow, and one of the SCSI 1 GiG drives just died! We only use this system now for our older archival Mixes on video to get off all the original individual Efex & Voice tracks!

My concerns are - what problems should I expect when putting this board into a new PC with a couple ISA slots in it? I expect to use Windows 95 and of course modern hard drives...Also is there a specific combo of computer and Mother board I should look to get?
Old October 25th, 2005, 10:47 AM

I am sorry to inform you that I have forgotten all the information that I used to know about this board, as it has been gone for over 10 years. I am not sure what you will run into now, but you will probably have to Set the IRQ for the board in the Bios of the motherboard. We have not been able to get motherboards that had an ISA slot on them for over 5 yrs, so I am not sure if you will beable to find one or not.

As to the computer configuration, your best bet would to be to go back to the Old manual, if you still have it. We have cleaned house for getting rid of old clutter in the office and all of these old manuals and items dealing with that board are now gone. There may be some other clients who still use this board that could help you on here, but I am at a loss as to what would need to be done to get one up an running at this time.