MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 12th, 2004, 09:42 AM

music but no graphics

i'm having problems when i try convert from a zip file to binary.
the program will read the music file but will not read the graphics.
I have a Plextor 52 x 32 x 52 and only can get the music. I've tries converting with mp toolz and am still having a problem. Is there something i am not doing? Maybe i should not be downloading in the zip format. Could someone help me with my little dilemma?
Old January 13th, 2004, 03:15 PM

Zip File?

I don't recall anyone ever mentioned the ability to import a zip file into Microstudio. This would be some sort of CDG zipped file? From Where? I believe the only way to play and see a CDG file through Microstudio is to lay down an original or copied cdg, and then play through Microstudio. I might be wrong, but other than just audio only, I don't think you'll find a way to see the graphic content.
Old January 13th, 2004, 03:53 PM

I believe you're right, Steve.

George
Old February 17th, 2004, 02:56 AM

You should be able to zip, download, open and play a CDG file as long as you open it with an unzip program first then open it in Microstudio to play and see the words.
Quote:
Is there something i am not doing? Maybe i should not be downloading in the zip format.
Downloading a CDG, is a large file that takes too long to open. So zipping the file shortens the download time. The file ext name allows download rather than open. If the file zips it should open intact. Certain parts of a file do not compress with zipping it
Is there something here that you are not doing?
Quote:
i'm having problems when i try convert from a zip file to binary.
the program will read the music file but will not read the graphics.
In what program, or programs are you using?
Old February 17th, 2004, 08:02 AM

Where are these files coming from originally? They may not be in true CD+G format to begin with. Most "internet" Karaoke's aren't.

George
Old March 23rd, 2004, 06:24 PM

My first post, so please excuse me if I break a rule or two..lol

Long time user of Microstudio, and it will only play two types if files: one from a cd, or the file that is ripped from a cd. What these post are talking about is playing a zipped mp3+g file that has been downloaded (quite illegally I might add) from the internet. When unzipped, they contain two files: a ".cdg" file that contains only the graphics, and a ".mp3" file that contains the music. These can be played on your computer by various programs, but not microstudio. Microstudio calls its ripped cd+g file ".cdg" also. But, it contains both the graphics and music.

The confusion for some is that the mp3+g file can be compiled into one file that has a ".bin" designation. These ".bin" files can then be burned onto a cdr and will in fact play in MicroStudio. The microstudio ".cdg" file and the ".bin" file are in reality the same animal with a different name.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 07:28 PM

Wink You got it

Quote by TexasTonyK:
The microstudio ".cdg" file and the ".bin" file are in reality the same animal with a different name.

You are right but keep in mind that MTU is the only company that calls a file correctly here, what you see in mp3+g and this cdg file for the graphic only is not very serious!

MTU gives the file the correct extension, now is it because MTU owns the right for the extension or is it that everyone else just don't know what they're doing?

Regards