MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 12th, 2001, 01:36 PM

cannot play cd or cdg with play tab. system does copy cd and cdg ok and will play on my karaore player ???
Old February 12th, 2001, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Tom, without more details, we can't say exactly what you need to do. There are 2 Posts under this Thread http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...p?threadid=151 that you need to read and check:

1. Play Tab Contents Are Grayed Out And Not Functioning
2. In Play Tab, Playing a Song Flashes a Black Screen and Returns to Play Tab

Please post a Reply under this Thread whether one of these is the problem and solution.
Old February 12th, 2001, 08:53 PM

My play tab is greyed out.
I have tried to find my DXDIG.EXE and my aspi drive version per your instructions and in eavh case it " file not found "..
Please help if you can.
Thank you
Old February 12th, 2001, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Search for DXDIAG, not DXDIG.
Old February 12th, 2001, 11:36 PM

Thumbs down

Hi, Tom... I have experienced the same problem as you have for a client of mine. I checked the level of the ASPI drivers via Adaptec which showed them as up to date, have eMailed MTU and also have a post about 4 levels down from yours but no assistance so far. If you get an answer please forward it to me at schubie@schubie.com. Good luck to you (and me) 'cause I think we're going to need it.
Old February 13th, 2001, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Good morning! I'm seeing the complaints, but I'm not seeing that you have read my posted Thread above and the two posts under it about the Play Tab not working.

Come on now, have you checked the Direct-X version installed on your computer? Are you selecting a CDROM drive or your CDR drive to put your disc into? I really want to see some facts here so we can verify our diagnosis is correct for this problem.

We spent a lot of time behind the scene to post these answers. The two of you are critical to helping us prove our diagnosis. If you need help doing these, call for Bryan at MTU and direct him to the Forum and Microstudio play tab does not play? Thread, with your username so he can quickly see what has transpired so far.

I'm looking forward to your answers posted here.
Old February 13th, 2001, 01:12 PM

play tab dosn't work

I have talked to Bryan this day and he has been very patient with me and has tried to help by sending me e-mail with adresses to click on and I have followed the instructions and still can not get my play tab to work.You'll have been very nice trying to help me but still no luck.
Tom Morgan
Old February 14th, 2001, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Tom, I just noticed on my home computer - that currently does not have a sound card - that all operations in my Play Tab are grayed out!

Do you have a sound card in your computer? If not, this is why your Play Tab operations are grayed out.

BTW: The Play Tab is only set up to play CDG, not audio WAV files.
Old February 14th, 2001, 01:17 PM

Wink play tab Is now working

Hurrah...Hurrah,
Bryan, After going through the instructions for updating my DIRECT-X version to 7.0a and updating my ASPI to version 4.60 as intructed in your e-mail dated 2/13/01 "subject direct-x", everything is working great at this time. That is, copying cda, cd+g and playing these and showing graphics on screen. This is all I would expect it to do.
Thanks ever so much.
Tom

[slightly edited by admin]