MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 1 Help

Keyrite 1 Help Post Keyrite 1 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 5th, 2001, 08:53 PM

Unhappy

I am experiencing the same problems that jahern enterd in the software forum on 3/4/01. When playing a song in the preview play of KeyRite, the sound is a wobbling sound or almost a vibrato type sound. The sound is there without changing the key. The same song played in microstudio sounds OK. If I save the song form KeyRite and then open it in Micro Studio the same wobbling sound is there and if I burn the song to a disc, the sound is there when it is played in the pc with microstudio. The wobbling sound is the same sound that is produced when you change keys in a regular karaoke player that is playing a cd-g.
Help!!!!

03-10-01 - Still waiting for a response to my problem with KeyRite. At this point I would say that it is unusable because it changes the sound of the original recording dramatically. Any suggestions from the staff or any one else? Still need help.
Old March 10th, 2001, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Here is a 30 second wave file and its -3 processed result using the new KeyRite code: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/keyrite-wav-test.zip . It is 9MB in size. Please download it and see if anyone can hear any wobbling sound.

We should have the new KeyRite code to us late tonight for beta testing. If all goes well, it will be available next week sometime.
Old March 16th, 2001, 02:08 AM

still there

When I played the keyrite-wav-test.zip file in keyrite, the wobbling sound was still there. I could't get it to play from micro studio because micro studio would not play or even find the wav file on my hardrive. Any other suggestions on what I might be doing wrong. The software is unusable to me. Still looking for help!!!! and Thanks for your support.
Old March 16th, 2001, 06:00 AM
Administrator

Run DXDIAG diagnostic for us

We have others who have reported the .wav key changed test file sounds great when they play them on their computer. Thus, it appears there may be several problems with your computer. Please answer these questions by Post Reply in this Thread:

1. Does Microstudio work at all with the CD Recorder to copy songs and/or discs?

2. Does any of the Microstudio Play Tab function at all? Can you play any files in this Tab?

3. Please give as detailed a description as possible (step by step what you do) that you do to find the .wav file in Microstudio's Play Tab. Please include the exact path (for example; D:\My Songs\Test Files\keyritetest.wav) where you have the test .wav file located.

4. DO NOT use KeyRite to play the .wav key changed test file. Play it with any other program on your computer. For example, the Windows MediaPlayer should allow you to play this file.

5. Follow the directions in; http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...p?threadid=322 to run the DXDIAG program on your computer. Send the resulting file as an attachment to support@mtu.com to help us see your computer details. In the email, please include "MTU Forum Index > KeyRite Software Open Forum > KeyRite Wobbling Sounds" so we know what to do with your DXDIAG file.
Old March 26th, 2001, 11:03 AM

Question

Micro Studio works fine playing or recording cd+g songs from the disc drive and from the hard drive copying cd+gs disc to disc.
I downloaded the keyrite testwav file to C:\Mic Studio Songs\test-3-30.wav and can find it with no problem either from KeyRite or from Windows Media Player. If I try to open it from Micro Studio it only finds cdg files stored in C:\Mic Studio Songs. I can find it from the custom assembly tab if I select Audio CD instead of Karaoke CD+G, but all this allows me to do is burn a disc not play it from Micro Studio
I was able to play both the test-3-30.wav and the testorig-3-30.wav from Windows Media Player and there is a definate difference in the two. The 3-30.wav was muddy in the low end and had the same wobbling sound.

These wobbling or vibrato sounds are the same as when you lower the key on a karaoke machine. If that is as good as it gets then I guess I'll have to live with it. Any way thanks for all of your help, I really love MTU and all the support you have given me.
Old March 31st, 2001, 07:57 AM
Administrator

KeyRite Version 1.105 Released

http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...p?threadid=402 This should give you better results.